How do I get pregnant?

I know, the question sounds dumb, but seriously. I have two kids, my youngest is two and a half, and we have been trying to have another baby for about a year and a half. I am trying to see if anyone has any helpful hints to increase my chances of getting pregnant. Thanks!

asTraySoJouRner

Asked by asTraySoJouRner at 2:32 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• If you have been trying for over a year than you might want to see a specialist to do some tests.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 2:35 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Have you tracked your cycle and figured out when you are ovulating? If you haven't that would help because your best chances of getting pregnant are a couple days before and the day that you ovulate. If you have, then I would talk to your ob/gyn.
    Taviesmommy

Answer by Taviesmommy at 3:21 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• are you at a healthy weight? being overweight or underweight can affect your fertility. Also, you should try to add one leafy green salad (meaning, spinach or spring greens, NOT iceberg lettuce) and one citrus fruit per day to your diet. Sleep an extra hour each night, stay hydrated throughout the day, cut out caffeine, and take at least a half hour each day to unwind by yourself (lay in bed and read a book). Try to go on a short walk each day too to get out in the sunshine and fresh air. Go ahead and start taking a prenatal vitamin if you're not already doing so. Above all else, CHILL OUT about it. You have two kids, so you know you're ABLE to get pregnant. Secondary infertility is more common than you might think. I've heard a lot of people say that once they relaxed and stopped trying so hard that it "just happened". Be patient, try what I said for a few months, and if you still don't get pregnant, talk to a doctor.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 3:40 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I do track my cycle, that is how we practice birth control.

As for healthy weight - yup. Although, I would like to lose a little weight, I'm right where I need to be. I do try to get fruits and veggies in all our diets, but I will make a conscientious effort to make sure I'm getting greens. As for the relaxing - easier said than done. But I will try to do as little as possible ;) I know we can get pregnant. It took us a little while with the first one and then one time with the second one, I was still nursing so I was all nice and fertile. I had no idea it would take this long. I know I need to relax, it is just so freakin hard.

asTraySoJouRner

Answer by asTraySoJouRner at 3:57 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Thank you so much for all the help so far!

asTraySoJouRner

• I hear you it's just to hard not to think about it. I've benn trying for the past 3 years even though I have 4 already!!!!!!!!!! I have a 4 1/2 year old Iguess that's my youngest one and it took like a year to get pregnant with her. Now last year I didn't know I was preggo and had to find out the hard way, it turned out it was an ectopic preg. so anyways I know what your going through. Just hang in there. I know we can do it.

Baby dust to you.
    blueorpink

Answer by blueorpink at 5:55 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• AWW!! Thank you blueorpink!! I'm sorry to hear your story and baby dust right back at you!!
    asTraySoJouRner

Answer by asTraySoJouRner at 8:22 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I stopped my bc after many years & figured it would take a couple months. 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 months went by & it really sucked. You think: what's wrong with me, with him, with us?

I thought I would go to the doctor & ask for a referral to a fertility specialist cause my husband & I are young, healthy adults & there must be something wrong.

I went to the doctor in June. He told me they don't refer women to fs until they've been trying for at least a year. He told me to come back in August & he would give me a referral. The fs would contact me a week or 2 after that to schedule an appt..

Well sweetie, my husband is in the military & was deploying to Iraq in September. When the doctor told me all of this I cried and cried. I told my husband and we decided to stop "trying" and start "trying" when he came back.

I was pregnant a couple weeks later!

Easier said than done but don't think about it...just relax sweetie...
    CafeMomBinky

Answer by CafeMomBinky at 4:08 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• don't track anything
    CafeMomBinky