My urine has a strong smell......

Anybody know what this could be from? I have noticed it for a couple weeks now. I don't have any infections or take any meds / vitamins that could cause this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Health

• You either need to drink more water of it may be an UTI
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 2:39 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I agree with diamond. Drink more fluids and see if it dimishes the odor. GL!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 2:40 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Urine odor treatment

The scent of the urine or fluid eliminated by urination is referred to as urine odor. A healthy individual fails to suffer from urine odor. Drinking lots of liquids helps. Foods and certain drugs bring about a characteristic change in the smell of urine. Intake of B complex vitamins brings about a change in color and smell of urine. A sweet smell indicates diabetes. Musty smelling urine denotes certain disorders involved with metabolism or liver diseases. Bacterial invasion causes urine to smell foul. This is more common in urinary tract infections. Smelly urine is also seen in individuals with renal stones and cystitis. Changes in the odor of urine indicate the presence of ketonuria, dehydration, urinary tract infection, maple sugar urine disease, phenyl ketonuria, hepatic failure and rectal fistula. A strong smell of ammonia also infers dehydration and maple syrup smell is typical of maple syrup diseas
    Mami2Gianna

Answer by Mami2Gianna at 5:01 PM on Mar. 11, 2009