Can someone tell me, Please.....

Ok I am 36 1/2weeks pregnant and I haven't had 1 contraction this whole pregnancy not even braxton hicks ones, as of last Thursday I was not dialated at all now I know some women who are the just as far along as me and they are having contractions all the time and are dialated 2+. So I am wondering is my body going to get ready for labor or am I going to end up with a csection? I have already had a csection 2 1/2 years ago but that was due to pre-e. I really want to try a VBAC so I am now worried that my body isn't going to let me.

PrOuDmOmMy1011

Asked by PrOuDmOmMy1011 at 2:42 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• every pregnancy is different. Calm down and don't worry or your little one will get stressed. Let it flow and you will start going in weekly to see your doctor. If you have any concerns talk to him/her and she can tell you what her experiences have been. I did not have any braxton hicks with DS and was induced at 38 weeks.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 2:56 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• No matter what, that baby will come out.

And a lot of women never feel braxton hicks, just because you don't feel them doesn't mean you aren't having them.

And I believe labor is started when the baby releases a certain hormone to trigger it.
    Your bun will be done when he/she is ready. Don't worry. ^_^
    Anjeey

Answer by Anjeey at 4:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Go to the mall and walk, 15 mins in you gonna start cramping. There they are. No worries, I didnt feel them till 36 weeks. I went to my 38 week check with no contractions, my doc scraped the membranes and I left with contractions and had the baby 10 hours later. Itll happen when the babe is ready.
    luvMIIsk8rBoi

Answer by luvMIIsk8rBoi at 6:26 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Well I have been walking 2miles a day and Still nothing no cramps, no pains, no tightening so that isn't working either. I go to the doc. tomorrow so maybe he can tell me whats going on.
    PrOuDmOmMy1011

Answer by PrOuDmOmMy1011 at 7:00 PM on Mar. 11, 2009