Do you think abortion is...

a more serious crime than rape?

(refering to the arch biship in the case of the 9 year old girl who was raped and aborted her twins)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Abortion is not a crime.
    Anonymous

• in some cases it is a crime it is MURDER!! even in that case..... i wouldnt expect her to have the children, she was only 9, her body couldnt handle that...but they need to catch it before that baby has a heartbeat otherwise...its murder, no matter what
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:48 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• NO.
    Anonymous

• I think the Bishop was wrong. I don't think it is his place to decide or make judgements about that situation. He should have stayed out of it and shown the family love like Jesus would have. IMO
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:51 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Ok I am not one that trys to hurt others feelings, but I have to voice my opinion on this one. Abortion is not a crime in the eyes of our government but our government sucks when it comes to this. Babies are being killed everyday because women are too dumb to do what they are supposed to and end up pregnant. To me abortion is an easy way out. Rape is very bad and if hurts a lot of people, and I believe the only reason a woman should have an abortion is for medical reasons. Yes I feel for the women that get pregnant for rape, but the baby should not die. If you do not want the baby give it up for adotion. Killing babies is a sick practice. I am sorry but this is the way I feel
    wantherout08

Answer by wantherout08 at 2:53 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Abortion is a serious crime. It is murder. How is abortion not murder? The minute you find out your pregnant that baby WILL grow and will have a life unless: There's a medical problem or the mom decides to kill it.
    Anonymous

• I am a devout Catholic and this bishop was wrong imo. I haven't heard anyone else (higher up) in the church say a word.

In some countries abortion is murder.

I am pro life. However, I support abortion in this condition. Nope, that doesn't make me pro choice because it makes me sick that it had to happen. It wouldn't have been right for a 9 year old to have "exploded" either. That child would have been victimized twice.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:26 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I won't hide my belief that abortion is murder imo.I will say this though.I would very GLADY take abortions only happening when the pregnant female was raped,incest,or the mothers life is in danger medically.Instead of ALL reasons esp being most are performed as birth control.
    The percentage from the prior reasons is miniscule compared to the latter.
    So i'm willing to say abortion limited to those reasons.

I don't like to compromise on this but this would be a mega improvement imo.
    Anonymous

• oops that was me didnt mean to go anon lol
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:37 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I Believe it is Murder.
    I Could Never Do it.
    If Your Not Ready For A Baby. Keep Your legs Closed.
    Simple As That.
    Im Not Trying To Judge. But Thats The
    Best birth Control Out there :)
    lol
    Cyarasmom

Answer by Cyarasmom at 3:45 PM on Mar. 11, 2009