Sippy Cups

How old were your kids when you said no more sippy cups? My daughter just turned 7 and I threw away every one in our house. She didn't use them often but liked choc. milk in the morning out of one. It was so disgusting that she could pour her own milk and make her own breakfast...but she was putting it in a sippy cup!! We are sippy cup free...what age for u?

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 2:48 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• my son was free of the sippy cup about 3 months after he turned 2. My mom came down and bought him some big boy cups (CARS and such) and he took to them right away. He loved it, but the fact that he was also a new big brother could have helped that transition a little too
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 2:53 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• three or four yrs old
    Anonymous

• My kids were three when we ditched the sippy cup. I kept a couple of them around for another year for road trips and such but that was it.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 2:59 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I think my daughter was 3ish. I moved her to cups with straws. She did great with them. I also found some covered cups with straws for the car.

DixieRoadrash

Answer by DixieRoadrash at 3:13 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Dd is 2 and we've moved away from the traditional sippys i guess--Most of our cups are cups with straws and we have a few that are more like an insulated thermos only smaller--they are still spill proof but don't look like sippys so much.
    Lanasmom

Answer by Lanasmom at 3:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• 3-4
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 3:55 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• my youngest actually needed them until he was 7. He has dyspraxia- which is when the muscles don't do what the brain says. We switched to the Straw sippie cup at 5 and he had those until he was 7. he's 12 and still does better with straws and sports bottles

myother two kids... I forget, I guess around 3.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 6:57 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• 1 year. We moved to straw cups. My 3 year old is finally on a regular cup for meals, but still uses a straw cup for snacks in the living room...my 2 year old is straws all the time.

My 5 year old has cups at meals and a sports bottle for his snacks.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:30 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Kids know sippy cups are cool! I'm sure your daughter knows how to drink from a regular cup, right? There's no age, it's not a bottle. Let her have her sippy cup...
    ericadrian

Answer by ericadrian at 5:14 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• between 2-3 of age, closer to 3 though
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 1:26 PM on Mar. 12, 2009