Would you PM a member...

to harass her about something she posted that was "mean" in the Q&A center? If you would, how would you feel if she told you she wasn't but was actually dealing with the same thing she asked about and was only being honest?

ZaTa

Asked by ZaTa at 2:50 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• I would never PM a person unless I really liked or agreed with something they said and wanted to talk to them more or add them as a friend. Harassing people on here is completely second grade but, this is the internet and it happens everywhere.

I was actually PM'd for the first time the other day about an answer I posted. I just thought it was ridiculous, if you don't want to hear what someone has to say then don't ask (and I in NO WAY bashed this person, it was really weird). If you don't agree don't listen, and for christs sake if you have something to say to me keep in in the forum, I don't want to PM about it, we have nothing to "work out", I don't even know this person....

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 3:24 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• LOL, what did you say?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:51 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I have had people PM me about political things, mostly telling me that being a Republican makes me a bad person. At first, I argued with people and then I just started ignoring it. Some people tell what they think is the truth or give their brutally honest opinion and others don't like it. I wouldn't PM someone for any reason unless it was thanking them or needing further advice. But just to be rude is not an appropriate action.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 2:55 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Would I PM someone to harass them? Never. I have better things to do.

Have people PMed and harassed me because they felt I was mean or wasn't sensitive enough? Yes and I'm flattered that I'm worth so much of their time.

I think being angry at someone and finding out that they truly know what you're going through and had your best interest at heart when they tried to help you can be an humbling experience. Some people refuse to be humbled and be thankful for the help they're given (me included!). You can't make someone be "un-offended" especially if they feel they have a cause.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 2:56 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• The last person who PMed me was actually pissed because "I was mean and judgemental" despite the fact that "she forgot to tell part of the story in her OP but if she had, my answer would have been different." lol So even though she left out half of the info she meant to give I was still wrong because I should have had ESP I guess?

Please don't PM people and harass them. Life is too short to have drama with people you don't know. Don't you have enough in your own families and lives?
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 2:58 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• oh I wasn't asking because I wanted too. I was kind of curious to find out why people DO do this... (actually I was the receiver and replier of one)
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 3:00 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Whats in a group/ journal/ Q&A, ect.. stays there! I just dont see a point in waisting my time. If we disagree then so be it. I dont know what i would do if someone contacted me outside the main source.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:01 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I've PM'd someone the other day because her answer to a difficult question was amazing. I wanted her to know that I was very impressed. For those who disagree with me though, I wouldn't. They have a right to their own opinions, just as I do mine.

Answer by Bmat at 3:08 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I pm'd someone recently because I thought her answer to a post would get her bashed.. it was a sensitive issue and I was just trying to be nice, and suggested maybe next time she pm the poster with that kind of thing. Well she pm'd me back saying I was just trying to cause trouble! I thought I was being helpful, so next time I'll just keep it to myself
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 3:31 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• No.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 3:53 PM on Mar. 11, 2009