Is ur 1 yr old walking yet?

Mine just turned 1 Feb 22, and he is cruisng like no other. when i try to help in walk, he will. but wants to sit. lol. is ur 1 yr old not walking yet??

JaydnsMom22

Asked by JaydnsMom22 at 3:02 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter didn't walk on her own until she was 14 months. My son waited until he was about 16 months. They'll walk when they are ready.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 3:13 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• mine walk in short spirts, then fall down and crawl.
    Mrs.McCoy917

Answer by Mrs.McCoy917 at 3:23 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Both my boys walked at 15mo
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 3:41 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Babies will walk when they are good and ready- some are early walkers, some do it later. My oldest was 14mo, my 2nd was 22mo, and my 3rd was 13mo. Yours is still 'young' if you are concerened I would bring the subject up to her doctor at the 1yr checkup.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:42 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My son is 13 months old today, and still not walking. He too with cruise everywhere, just wont let go. I am not worried. They all walk when they are ready
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 3:49 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• All of my kids walked at 9 or 10 months. I know this is a controversial subject, but I feel it is because they used a walker which drastically strengthens leg muscles. As far as a walker being unsafe, that’s ridiculous. Everything is dangerous if they are not watched. You wouldn’t leave them unattended on the dressing table or in the bath, etc. etc. I always supervised everything they did. I feel that it's very important for them to have time on the floor, too, and learn to pull themselves up with the help of furniture and strengthen other muscles. They all liked the independence of the walker and would pull themselves up to it and push it around. I wasn’t crazy about that, I could just picture them losing control and falling, hitting their chin on the way down. I was always right behind them. When they were in the walker and would stand up and take off, it was time to do away with it, they could walk on their own.
    LoriW

Answer by LoriW at 5:14 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Mine walked at 8 months but he did most everything early.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 6:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My daughter walked at 14 months,and my son is a yr old now & still doesnt walk.They will walk when there good & ready.Nothing to be concerened about at all.
    JAYLEL40

Answer by JAYLEL40 at 9:24 PM on Mar. 11, 2009