Did you know that...

The average CEO makes 275 times more than the average American worker? Do you believe they work 275 times harder? Do you think that they should be taxed at a higher rate than the average American Worker?

stacymomof2

Asked by stacymomof2 at 3:05 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think they already are.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:22 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Why shouldn't they earn more? Your average CEO is better educated and has spent years achieving the position.

First of all they ARE taxed at a higher rate. The rate goes up with earnings. Why should they be taxed even more? Is it okay that the "welfare" Mom with no job and no plans for a job uses valuable resources and pays no taxes?

If they set limits on salary what will people have to achieve to? If they keep raising taxes on those that earn more people will aspire to less...what would the point be.

What business is it of anyone HOW much someone makes at their job or how much someone pays in taxes.

I'm afraid our dear country is down the slippery slope of socialism and looking toward communism.

People have to get over the entitlement thing. My hubby and I started with nothing. We worked our behinds off. We are part of the group facing higher taxes. It STINKS. We worked for our money.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:23 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I wouldn't say that the average CEO is necessarily smarter than their average worker, but they DO have at least "275 times" the amount of RESPONSIBILITY and ACCOUNTABILITY that being the CEO entails.

Why should a CEO who was driven to work his/her way up the corporate ladder not be allowed to draw and handsome salary, benefits and perks. CEOs aren't "chosen" people....ANYONE who WANTS it, can BE a CEO!

Stacy--I understand that you're a successful business owner and presumably have given yourself the title of Owner/CEO...do you feel that you should be getting paid the same amount (after expenses) that your employees make...or do you place a higher monetary value on your time, insight, vision and dedication?
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:24 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• We are already taxed at a higher rate simply because we make more. It has nothing to do with job title but with the income. Get off your high horse already. If you don't like being an "average worker" then go to college and get a better job. Just the truth, not trying to be mean.
    Anonymous

• Higher wage earners already carry the biggest burden of our taxes. As for whether they deserve to earn that much, who am I to say? I don't know what ladder they have had to climb to get where they are. I am not green with envy of other people's fortune, so I suppose what others make doesn't matter that much to me. Why is it anyone else's business how much they earn, what they spend their money on, where they live, how many kids they have, if they take lavish vacations? Why is there such a fascination with other people's money?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:26 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Nobody in the Unites States is denied an education. Stop hating corporate America, if you want to hate Corporate America:
    start making your own Whoppers, Levi's, Nike shoes, Channel perfume, Kotex, Hairspray, and grow your own veggies and fruits, teas and coffees, cotton for your underwear, make your own bandaides and create your own vaccines for your children when you decide to have one.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 3:27 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Oh, and lets not forget that many CEO's have experience. I know this isn't a commodity that the government finds important anymore.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:30 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• excellent post quinn........
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 3:30 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• yourspecialkid

Do you understand what communism means? Show me the facts that CEO's are smarter people then average citizens of U.S. You like to judge others without knowing them. Sad............

Anonymous

• I find it really hypocritical that the left loves to dig into corporate America's garbage to find anything to hate them for, but when you attempt to scratch the surface of their dear leader they practically froth at the mouth in anger that you would have such audacity to question their beloved. Such crap.

Anonymous