Ok Laddies Im a Trying to do a Recipe book?

Im doing this as a gift to a sister that is getting married (young couple) I have recipes but Im not sure how to piece together? Any Advice? If you have recipes why not add in please. or email- it to alexeana@yahoo.com Thanks

ytapia

Asked by ytapia at 3:10 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I can help you actually publish it and put it in a book....I can help you do it through our online publishing center at Cherish Bound. you can load scanned images of original recipe cards, photos of the food, or just type in the recipes. let me know if you want help! You can pick from a few different sizes and even add stories behind the recipes... I've done quite a few for myself and as gifts.
    cherishbound176

Answer by cherishbound176 at 3:12 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I would organize it just like a regular cook book. Apps, Soups, Entrees, desserts.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 3:16 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I personally like having just the recipe card, instead of the whole book--I find books to get more in the way when I'm cooking than just having a card.

That said, I think it would be nice to transfer your recipes onto pretty embossed 4x6" stock index cards (you can buy blanks at stationary stores), and purchase a nice keepsake tin (perhaps adding an engraved plate with their last initial/wedding date?) You can make colorful dividers and categorize by the 7 courses plus miscellaneous or favorites.

When making something for the first time, I like to have a picture of what I'm making is SUPPOSED to look like--LOL! So on the back of each recipe card perhaps you could paste a color picture of the finished dish?
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:55 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I love this idea and, as the bride, I received one of these book. Check out Hallmark for some great book ideas. These books have coordinating cards and pages that hold 1 or 2 cards. They also have some dividers inside to separate the cards.

Also, here is a favorite recipe at my house from taste of home.

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 10:45 PM on Mar. 11, 2009