My DH i have been with him for 5 years!im a stay at home mother and he works all day...lately he seems to be really distant from me..last week when he was in the shower he got a text on his phone and i went and looked at it and it was from a girl named christina...and that's who he was dating before me and she asked him when is he coming over??and she called him BABY! he doesn't even call me that!and when I asked him about it he told me to shut up and pushed me into the wall and then left!what should i do?

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• leave him he doesn't care about you or respect you

Answer by ZaTa at 3:14 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• grab your stuff and leave. If you are not in a position to leave, keep your mouth shut and get all your plans worked out, then leave. Unless you want to be cheated on and beat up.

• Kick his butt out or leave.

Answer by DDry at 3:16 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• anony215pm is right. do just that. baby needs you safe and healthy or she can't learn safety and health.

• The fact that he told you to shut up and pushed you into the wall is what worries me the most! Does he often get physical with you like that? Just because he isn't beating the shit out of you doesn't mean he's not abusing you. He may not be cheating on you, but ask yourself "Do I deserve to be treated this way?" If this is something he's done before, tell him it *has* to stop or you will leave him. And stick to it. Take the time you need to get things figured out. There's plenty of help out there for singles moms, should you choose to leave him.

Answer by motherofanaries at 3:28 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Leave! Or just kick his ass out and tell him to live with her! and if he touches you again call the cops.

• leave him or kick him him out and like anon above me said call the cops next time he lays a hand on you

Answer by dee778 at 3:36 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• KICK him out!!! Don't keep a relationship with a person who would push you around emotionally and physically. It will in all likely hood get worse. Don't waste another second on him.

Answer by Tawanda74 at 4:02 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• You seen the msg. you have the proof an he walked out on you. If you have the money call a locksmith have the locks chanced or go get them and do it you self. This was last week, has he been back? what has things been like since?

• grab your baby and leave. Find someone to help you. He obviously respects her more than you and your child. Don't let him do this to you and your baby.

Answer by mrs2323 at 3:20 AM on Mar. 12, 2009