My son is getting flat from his right side of his head....

He is almost 7 month old. I try to turn him to his left side, most of the times he wakes up or turns on his right side right away. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have him spend as much time as he can while awake sitting up and on his tummy, if it's really bad take him to the doctor, there are special helmets out there that will stop it.
    Anonymous

• Does he seem to not look to the left very much? Does he only sleep on that side? If so, he might have a neck muscle issue. PM if you this sounds right and I can give you more info.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 3:28 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• um,

Don't babies get flat heads from not being held enough?
    Anonymous

• Anonymous

• You could try and change his diaper facing the other direction. You know, if his head is on your left, flip him so his head is on your right.
    As far as him sleeping - there's not a lot you can do about that. I wouldn't stress about it too much, but I would bring it up at his next check up.
    DanielleTown79

Answer by DanielleTown79 at 3:44 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• ok, this happened to my son who is now 9 years old. I remember my mother telling me that i needed to make sure i alternated consistently so his head wouldn't be lopsided. to me this sounded crazy! like some old ethnic wives tale! Well now my sons head is kinda flat on one side, but it's no big deal. I tell him the story and he cracks up! he still doesnt even notice it.
    ericadrian

Answer by ericadrian at 5:00 AM on Mar. 12, 2009