For women who have taken Clomid......

The directions say to take the drug days 3-7 of your cycle and then five days after taking your last dose start having sex for a week every other day. Have you ladys started doing it befor the five days or just that week that they say? Im just scared that I might ovulate befor those five days but not sure cause I have never taken Clomid befor. Also if you only had sex during the week period were you able to get pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I took 4 cycles of clomid. My doctor told us to go about business as usual, just not more than every other day. You can purchase an ovulation predictor kit for about $15 that would help you narrow down your date of ovulation. Good luck with it!
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 3:52 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I have taken 3 cycles of Clomid and I got pregnant two of those cycles. I took it day 5-9 once and day 3-7 twice. I got pregnant taking it one time days 5-9 and once time taking it days 3-7. Me and my husband were told to really stress sex days 10-20. We did it at least every other day during those 10 days and we always caught the day I ovulated with no problem.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 4:42 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I did clomid before the days of ovulation predictor tests. I had an ovulation thermometer and watched for that spike of temp when you ovulate. It took almost a year on clomid for me then we doubled the dose and I got pregnant on the double dose first month. With my twins we just started at double and the second dose I got pregnant. The twins by the way aren't fraternal, so the clomid didn't cause my to have two. Good luck to you.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 4:53 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• wHAT IS CLOMID?
    lovingmybrats

Answer by lovingmybrats at 10:58 PM on Mar. 11, 2009