My husband never wants me anymore :(

I'm 23 weeks pregnant, and maybe it's the hormones, but I'm pretty horny! Or maybe it's just because it's been a few months since my husband and I last had sex. Unfortunately for me, my husband is completely turned off now... and not because he's not attracted to my changing body, or even because he's afraid he'll hurt the baby, but he says it's because he feels "awkward" because of the baby... like as if the baby is really gonna know what's going on! I've explained to him that the baby won't feel anything and will have NO clue what we're doing, and no memory of us doing it so it's not like we're traumatizing him for life!! But he still won't do it, especially now that he can see and feel the baby moving in my belly. Any suggestions of how to convince him to have sex with me?!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Put a towel over ur belly or something, then he won't see ur belly. Tell him it's not fair u have to suffer because of his selfishness. Try watching some porn on the computer in front of him, lol.
    Anonymous

• masturbate. i know its not the same, but you can at least get yourself off. & like the first answer says, initiate sexual behavior in front of him. watching porn, dressing sexy to touch yourself, write naughty letters, etc...it may remind him that you are a sexual being, not just a mommy-to-be. good luck!!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 4:57 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• We can call it selfishness, but we need to be sensitive to their feelings during this life changing experience... He's probably feaking out! His life is changing!

Sadly, some men are turned off by a pregnant woman. Masturbation, I think, is your best bet. It won't make you seem so needy, which is a turn-off, and he'll probably some around :) Don't take it personal. Good luck!
    ericadrian

Answer by ericadrian at 4:49 AM on Mar. 12, 2009