Is it normal for my baby 11 months old to have a rash with a fever?

TinaGray

Asked by TinaGray at 3:55 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A fever is never normal, nor is a rash. The baby needs to see a doctor.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 3:56 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• That could be scarlet fever (caused by strep). My daughter recently had it. I would call my pediatrician asap if I were you.
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 3:58 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Whatever is causing the rash is probably causing the fever, not the other way around.
    Take her to the doctor to find out what the rash is.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:17 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Depeneds on what the rash looks like. It could be a viral rash and no big deal... but it could be something like an allergic reaction which could cause a fever. I would call your doctor and see what they think about it.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 4:22 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• it depend on what type of rash... if it is after a high fever you get a red rash with out dots its norma its a way it gets it the body working against a fever . my son both them they have that soon after or during . i work in a doctor office Pediatric as a assistant nurse . go to the doctor and tell him if you want but you can do something about it you could get remedy at home put baby lotion every time you shower the baby note on it to see if it improve. another info i could give you won't be able to do an allergy test cause she too little classic way you can tell an allergy is under the eye look leke she hasn;t sleep in days but in a reddish color thats a sign of a allergic reaction
    leg1284

Answer by leg1284 at 4:37 PM on Mar. 11, 2009