Is it ok to breastfeed with diarrhea?

I've had explosive diarrhea for 2 days now, probably going to the dr. if it keeps it up, but should I not BF?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Health

• Yes its fine.
    Anonymous

• ohhh hope you feel better soon. can you take imodium ad or a doctor's script? I'd keep bf to a minimum if baby will bake breast milk through a bottle do that. if not then change feedings to right after using the toilet when your hands afterwards are the most sterile for your breast and baby and keep a change of clothes to feed baby in only so that any germs from being sick are in clothes not touching baby and of course in the toilet. That's what my ped told me to do. Feel better mama!!!
    Anonymous

• Keep yourself hydrated, drink lots of fluids so you don't get dehydrated. Hope you feel better really soon.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 4:11 PM on Mar. 11, 2009