How often do you take your pet to the vet for routine care and has the economy had any effect on it?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 4:02 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Pets

• Yearly, and at this point no effect, but who can say what the future holds. I have had to let go of some of the other things that I did routinely like manicures and pedicures, the non-essentials will go first. I don't think that pet health or human health is a non-essential tho.
    wyldreams

Answer by wyldreams at 4:22 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I take my dogs 3-6 months at the most, and no the economy doesn't have an effect on that.
    via86

Answer by via86 at 5:25 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• That look wrong I take my dogs every 3 to 6 months at the least
    via86

Answer by via86 at 5:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I used to take my cat and dog on a yearly basis, but we didn't have enough money this past year. Thankfully, they had received the 3 year vaccination and I keep them healthy. I will need to find a way to bring my dog in, though, to be checked for heartworm so he can have a refill of his heartworm pills.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:17 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I take my dogs and cat to the vet for the yearly checkup. They are in the 8-9 year old range, and we have an 8month Poochon. Unless there is an issue they go once a year. Because of having multiple pets I usually scheduled them separately a month apart from each other. I tried taking 2 at one time and it hit the paycheck hard! that was before the economy took a dip. I agree with the other post that human health and animal health are priority. I will cut out other luxuries first.
    blujeanlady62

Answer by blujeanlady62 at 6:55 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I don't take my dogs to the vet unless they are sick.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• uh I just took both dogs today..totally $311 bucks! whew glad thats out of the way lol..the stinkin heartworm pills is why it is so expensive, one dog is 76 lbs, and the other is 105 lbs. so the 105 pounder needs 2 pills.
    mommareed

Answer by mommareed at 4:10 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Yea the economy does have an effect. Our dog Georgia was late on her vaccines for the year (4 months) but she got them. Then a few weeks ago after moving into a new house and funeral arrangements for our son, she had demodex and the vet visit costed $150!!! (for us thats not cheap lol). So...as far as well check ups, we try to stay on them and we usually do...but illnesses or problems are taken care of immediately, even if I have to beg, borrow or loan.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 11:12 PM on Mar. 12, 2009