If churches need more followers and God insists on us worshiping Him...

Why not appear to us in some way and prove it? What has it been, 2000 years since we've seen evidence? I know this sounds condeming, but I really want to know why there is no true evidence. Anyone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• God does not feel like he should have to 'gain' your approval for you to love him as your father. He wants us to have a choice to either trust in him, believe in him and love him or either reject him. As you can see, we go through tests. Living on this earth is nothing but a big test.
    He wants to see if truly in your heart you will go with this world's obvious ways, or go with him.
    We're often blinded or focused too much on the worldly things that it hinders us spiritually, and we tend to lose faith that God is real because we're only looking at it from our human, fleshly side. He's not going to prove himself for you, you have to prove yourself for him. Look around, there is evidence of that supernatural work of a higher power all around..Science and facts couldn't answer or explain all of it.
    Anonymous

• You aren't s true believer if you need evidence.
    Anonymous

• Um, because imaginary friends are only perceivable to those who imagine them. And most of those people are already in churches.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 4:17 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• You KNOW you dont need evidence. And im not one to judge wether you are a true believer or not because only you know. Work on strengtheing your faith in Christ like i am doing now, and you will have all the answers you need, enough to give you hope and comfort in the Lord.
    God bless - Amber
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 4:17 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Sorry, but I have to disagree with that one. There is proof that he is here through the Holy Ghost. Ref. Acts 2:4.
    mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 4:18 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• How do you work on strengthening your faith? And mommiejay, what is the proof exactly?
    Anonymous

• The bible says in Acts that they were all on one accord waiting for the promise of the Holy Ghost. Then suddenly a sound from heaven as of a mighty rushing filled the house and they all speak with tongues as the Spirit of God gave them utterance. If you keep reading in the new testament from that point on people received the gift of the Holy Ghost through the evidence of speaking in tongues. Once He has entered in He will give you proof through speaking in tongues and He will talk , lead and guide you into all truth. I know I might get bashed for this since alot of Christians do not believe this is necessary. But from experience I know it is real and it is one of the proofs that I do have that he is living on the inside of me just like in the books of Acts and the other new testaments Christians.
    mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 4:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Okay, I'll play.......but I'm going to say that he has appeared more recently. That he has been seen. Do you need to see him yourself? Would you believe someone if they told you they had seen him or would you believe a statement from a person saying that he did see God? See, I'm LDS and we belive that Joseph Smith (the founder of our church) did see God and Jesus, that he spoke with him even. But when J.S. told people what he saw he was not believed. I heard this once and I like to say it to people too. Either Joseph Smith told one of the greatest lies ever told, or he was telling the truth. Simple as that.

Personally, I believe he did see God. For me, that's all I need. But some, maybe like yourself would need a personal witness. I'm not sure how to answer your question. "Why is there no proof?" I think the whole point is we're supposed to believe with out it, but I understand why some can't.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:40 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• For one thing, God doesn't insist that we worship Him, that's why He gave us a free will. It's our choice. He is God whether we acknowledge Him or worship Him. He wants us to fellowship with Him and He gives us the privilege to do so.
    There have been times in the past that God has revealed Himself more "visibly" to people. Yet, in spite of these repeated demonstrations of His love, guidance, and power, they still refused to trust Him. These events, found in the books of Exodus and Numbers, show that God's further revealing Himself to us would have no greater effect on our ability to trust Him. For were God to interact in a similar fashion with all of the people living today, we would respond no differently than did those Israelites...our sinful hearts are the same as theirs.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 4:52 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Con't
    God has revealed enough of His nature for us to be able to trust Him. He has declared and shown through the events of history, in the workings of nature, and through the life of His only-begotten Son, Jesus Christ, that He is all-powerful, all-knowing, all-wise, all-loving, all-holy, unchanging, and eternal. And in that revelation, He has shown that He is worthy to be trusted. But as with the Israelites in the wilderness, the choice is ours as to whether or not we will trust Him. Often, one is inclined to make this choice based on what he/she thinks he knows about God rather than what He has revealed about Himself and can be understood about Him through a careful study of His inerrant word, the Bible.
    BlessedMommy64