For mother that have a school age child and ur 22~25 years old

I'm 23 and have a 6 year old and when I go into her school I see how everyone look at me. My 6 year old is acting up at school and I been calling for about a week before someone told me what was going on. I find out a lot if I have my mom call up there in no time I know what going on.

Is it just me or do they do the same to u?

Mz.PhatPhat

Asked by Mz.PhatPhat at 4:05 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am 24 but look like I am still a kid. I just have a baby face, I can't help it. My son is 2 and I do have people who assume I am a teen mother and give me a hard time. It's rather insulting but everyone is allowed to have their own opinion. Little do they know, I am 24 with a Master's degree and married to a man who's 31 and is an amazing parent as well. Oh well.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 4:07 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I am 23 and have a 4 year old and I have never had any Problems. But it helps that both my parents were teachers in the same school district. He is ok at school and ornery at home lol.
    Kayla23boys

Answer by Kayla23boys at 4:10 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I was 23 when my daughter was in 3rd grade. there were problems in her class, a boy threated the teacher by saying he was going to bring a gun to school- Of course when my daughter told me this I went up to the school to see what was done or going on, Not any comments but the boys not repremanded?? So Without enough info. I decided to SIT In The Class for a few days! The teacher was out and there was a sub for 3 days. Dont know if it was my age or their lack of prioritys But to send the teacher home an not the boy? Other than that Ive never had a problem with explainations. just be a mother who is interested an caring, they will get the message if you put it across!
    Anonymous

• I'm 22 and short (5 ft 1 in), i look about 12yr. I have a 2yr old and a newborn. I'm married and own my home. When I answer the door to my house, people are constantly asking me for my parents, it's annoying but sometimes it has its advantages, like when someone wants to sell something.
    I couldn't imagine what it would be like when my oldest starts Kinder, especially when I work at an elementary school already and people think I'm a 5th grader.
    But we should look like some hot mamas in 40's when we still look 20.
    lilmommy0416

Answer by lilmommy0416 at 4:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My daughter started first grade when I was 23. I never had any problems. Maybe because I worked full time so I always gave off a very professional image. I also made sure that the school knew that I would not put up with being treated like a kid. I took part in school meetings & parent teacher conferences & helped with class parties & such. I think most schools will take involved parents seriously. In having your mother call the school for you, you may actually be hurting yourself as you are allowing the school to treat you as a child.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 4:30 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• im 23 and my son is going to start kindergarden but he never gets in trouble his teachers love him and he is the one to tell all the brats to stop acting up stop spitting and stop hitting so no i never get calls
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:34 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I have just turned 26. And i have a 6 year old boy.(had him when i was 19) My son has always been very good in school but every child acts up once in awhile. It's just a phase.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 5:18 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I just turned 26 in Jan, but I look like I am still 18 sometimes...When its just me and my daughter(who is 4) people dont really look at me too much. But if it is my daughter, me and my mom together and my daughter calls me mommy then people think its weird..they assume my mom is my daughters mother too and not her grandmother...I think its funny tho.. :)
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 6:15 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• i also just turned 26 in january..and have a 4 year old..and i find it the same way at my daughters preschool...i ask the teachers how everythings going etc, all they tell me is shes doing good..when im at work and my mom takes her to preschool they talk to her for like 10 minutes...so..its a shitty feeling for me..but..people judge..theres nothing you can do about it, except ignore it!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:35 PM on Mar. 11, 2009