Is there any parent that recommends hair care products they have used on there biracial childs hair that helps strength the hair and growth and health.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I use Carols Daughter's products on my son's hair.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 4:22 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• It depends on the texture of her hair but natural oils are always best.
    Wide tooth comb
    Brush (natural bristle is best)
    Shampoo with hydrating shampoo only every 5-7 days not every day

Look for products at black hair care stores not the typical beauty stores
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:30 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Oils actually aren't good for the hair.
    Anonymous

• Oils are great for hair if you aren't caucasion. anon are you biracial or black? the products we use are very different. Our hair needs the moisture.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:42 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• OP google this topic and you'll get some great information. Here's a site for you. Its on an adoption site but I'm not trying to offend you by saying you adopted. The information on it is right on and accurate. Its great that you recognize her hair needs are different. Alot of mothers don't do this. Hope this helps!

http://library.adoption.com/African-American-Adoptions/Caring-for-Your-African-American-or-Biracial-Childs-Hair/article/4954/1.html
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:48 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• MamaChamp-I am black my dear and a hair dresser. Miss Jessie's products are great. Go to http://www.missjessies.com/products.html#babybuttercreme
    Anonymous

• My bi-racial child hair just like a white person, not a little but exactly like a white person. So we use regular products for her. It's funny cuz when I was pregnant with her my mum was like "oh Lord what am I gonna do with this baby's hair when you go to work?" and we laughed. I thought she would be born with regular bi-racial hair that we were accustomed to seeing BUT WAIT Noooooooo. I love going to pick up our kids at the end of a work day and my toddlers hair is all over her head and I take one look at my mum and she says "I tried!" and we laugh. All of the little girls in our congragation love to touch her hair and my older sister can't stand that she always says "they act like they've never seen hair different then their nappy heads". My oldest daugher is from my first marriage and she is blessed with hair like the rest of us women in my family thick and long and they all think it's a weave.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 8:46 PM on Mar. 11, 2009