Who are you to judge me...?

I am a teen mother, why does that bother you so much? My life doesnt effect you at all. I will be honest, I did not want to get pregnant. And I was on BC, but it happened I got pregnant. And I am not on state/government programs to help with my DD. I am a good mother, I FINISHED school (a lil late but I did it...and that took alot of hard work) I am working at a great job, and I WILL own my own salon someday soon. My DH (my DDs father) is just finishing up college and working, he is going to be a police officer or corrections officer. We are doing great, my DD is doing amazing, healthy, beautiful and she is at the developmental stage of a three year old(she is only 16 months) I am an amazing mother, regardless of age. I do feel the need to defend myself, I know that I am the exception. And there are alot of teens who are bad moms. But aren't there just as many bad moms in their 30s? So why bash me for giving my DD a great life

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 4:22 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• My point is you should be so quick to judge because every person and every story is different...
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 6:36 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Also, my DD is one of the happiest babies I have ever met...
    Who cares if I had her too young?
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 4:23 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Didn't you just ask this LAST WEEK? Quit whining about it. Who cares what others think. if you are a good mom and know you are, then you don't need to worry about it.
    Anonymous

• Good for you!!!!! You are an awesome mom, and screw what people say!!!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 4:24 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• clappingI don't judge anyone, I don't have that right. Good for you for doing the right thing and taking care of your daughter. Don't worry what others think. Its what you think that counts.

Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:25 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• if you dont feel the need to defend yourself,..then...why are you?
    Anonymous

• I said I DO feel the need to defend myself
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 4:27 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Dont worry about what other people think....hell I say when you start paying my light bill, phone bill, rent, car insurance, and car note than I might listen to your suggestions..other than that go suck a toe!
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 4:27 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I'm with ya hon. I'm 19 with a 1 year old. I'm married to his father and we are very much in love and we put our son before our selves all the time. We love being a family and look forward to having many more kids :) We want to have 5. And we will be TTC within the next year. So I will be a young momma all over again. I'm in college, I work part time at a State facility. My husband is an electrician. We are doing fine financially and will be buying a house this year if we the right one for us.
    The more I thought about it, I realized I don't fit the mold that the poster of the bashing question was talking about. Most teens aren't with the childs father, don't continue to go to school, are on assistance and just bad moms. I'm non of those. I am an adult who thinks like an adult. I feel like I'm already 30 and not 19. But I love it. :) While our friends are going out on weekends, we're at home wtih Mason!
    Mama2Mase

Answer by Mama2Mase at 4:28 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I'm with you!! My son is one of the happiest babies too! I have complete strangers telling me this too and telling me you can always tell when babies have great mothers who love them ( yes, i've had strangers tell me this- and his pediatrician tells me this!)
    Mama2Mase

Answer by Mama2Mase at 4:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2009