Baby Bedding!

I really want a nursery with a dancing hippo theme! I have one problem, I can't find anything with hippos on it, let alone dancing hippos. I know I can always make a quilt, but I'd really like to find a 6 piece set with PINK or PURPLE hippos on it. I can always find blue hippos, but I don't think Molly will like that! .... So does anyone have any idea where to find anything for a nursery with hippos on it?

kaylan010

Asked by kaylan010 at 4:23 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Have you tried to Google it? Or maybe search Ebay?

Its possible that you could have some things custom-made, and that's probably your best bet, but its gonna cost some $$.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 4:25 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• id look at babies r us and sears and stuff i know walmart has a stroller with hippos on it they may have bedding too im not sure tho lol we are doing winne the pooh
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:27 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I was not able to find one online. I think with something so specific you will have to make it one your own. GL!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 4:28 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• try craigslist.com too -
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 4:28 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• You'll have to find the fabric you want and have it custom made. I'm sure there's some little granny out there somewhere that could make a custom bedding set for you if you found the fabric. Find the materials and advertise on Craigslist for a seamstress.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 4:31 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Thanks ladies, I'll probably just have my grandmother make the quilt. That way it'll be really special! If anyone ever sees hippo sheets let me know!!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 4:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Honestly, baby bedding is a bit of a waste. I went all out and ended up keeping it in the box. Bumpers, blankets, and almost everything but the sheet is a no no... Focus on things like curtains and lamps for decorations and try to get plain colored sheets that will match many things. As far as the hippos, you could try ebay, or like you said sew them yourself. Its super easy to make curtains. Good luck :).
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 5:36 PM on Mar. 11, 2009