Men have such ego's and nerves

I just had an ex-fling to call me after 6 years (he got my new number from my son, who's in hot water) and had the nerves to say to me "I know I hurt you 6 years ago, but I didn't realize how much I loved you and how much you were changing my life so can we work this out?"...are you serious. I all but laughed in his face. I said something like "Well that WAS six years ago, I got over it and moved on and I am happy." to which he said "are you REALLY happy?" I hung up the phone. It got me thinking tho...are guys really that egotistical to think that they can go do whatever and return to find a woman actually waiting? Are there really "women in waiting" these days? Man thats got to be ego or down right insanity. I would not call up an ex and say that and really expect a "man is waiting" for me. How crazy. Anyone else had such to happen. Discuss, Discuss!

Ladycwells

Asked by Ladycwells at 4:24 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• I had an ex once that thought I should have waited on him, when he found out that I was having a baby and was happy with my DH he called me some pretty horrible names and said that I was just trying to get over him.....I'm pretty sure I got over him when he started acting like a child shortly before our break up. But yes, some guys think that the world revolves around them and that we should put our lives on hold for them, funny how those guys tend to remain single.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 5:10 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• That happened to me as well - but he knew I was married. I told him the brutally honest truth and hung up. He called again and I had my husband talk to him. I have known women who do that to men too. Some people are just pathetic. The call back from my ex really just showed me his lack of respect for my husband and for myself. That's why I chose to let my husband take it from there. People need to learn to move on sometimes.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 4:50 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• This is their pathetic attempt to hope that someone else out there is as desperate as they are...Case in point...my hubby's ex-wife cheated on him (and got prego) and married the guy she cheated with...years later (after hubby and i met and had kids) she drops by his mom's house to "give him back" a family memento that she "recently found"...Now this her flying in from out of state, coming by the house that his mom has lived in all her life (literally!..like 50 yrs!...the address hasn't changed) to drop off something that is small enough to be mailed! LOL...yeah...like she wasn't coming to check things out (and rumor had it she was on the rocks with cheater-hubby!!!) And MIL told her that hubby wouldn't want to see her and certainly that I wouldn't want to either! (MIL knew what she was up too) but that if exwifey was really on the up-and-up, MIL would be happy to give her our new address...LOL...guess who DIDNT show up?

ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 9:17 PM on Mar. 11, 2009