Do you feel our society is devolving?

Some days I look at our society, the children being raised, and the problems today and I just feel our society as a whole is doing the opposite of evolving. Am I the only one?

asTraySoJouRner

Asked by asTraySoJouRner at 4:27 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• YES! I have hope for the future on the political front, but as far as the next generation goes...no.
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 4:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Can I ask how old you are? Not being mean, just curious.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 4:30 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• akinbottom2 - Are you asking me or the person above you?

If you are asking me, why? Just curious. I don't mind telling you, just want to know why you know.
    asTraySoJouRner

Answer by asTraySoJouRner at 4:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Society has been devolving at a rapid pace for quite some time. Obama is the catalyst that is going to put us over the edge and back to the Stone Age.
    Anonymous

• The Op
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 4:36 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• akinbottom2 - Do you mind telling me why you want to know?
    asTraySoJouRner

Answer by asTraySoJouRner at 4:38 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Your question has been pondered since the time of Plato and Socrates. It was said during Washington's times, during the mid 1800's and then the 1920's. The fifties were a time of moral outrage with Elvis, The Beetles ruined all of those teens of course, and then my goodness what happened to the youth in the 1970's?? And then there was the X generation and so on. Your question could be asked of youth at any point in history.
    So, are you past college age, and realize this question is asked of every generation?
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 4:47 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• If perhaps you only have 19-20 years to compare society too, I would suggest maybe the fact that someone like myself would see a 19 yr old today as a problem with today's society. Anyone with 20 years apart has not much in common and sees their lifestyles and upbringings as a "problem" in comparison to their own.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 4:50 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I like the society. I think we're doing fairly well and I'm proud of how I've lived my life and how I'm rasing my son. I belive he will grow up to be a fair, Christan man and be an asset to the world as a whole. Even if all he does is work in this small town, raise his own family in the ways of God and lives a peaceful life. Even then I'll feel that my son's life has positivly affected this world. I think that if you're having problems with society that you should do your part by raising your kids in a way that would make you proud of them.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 4:53 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Yes I am in fact past college age. I do know people have asked it. I also know people are dumb.

I am twenty-five years old. I am a mother of two girls and a wife of one man. Just because a question has been asked by one generation doesn't mean another generation can't ask it again. Do you feel asking questions, even though asked before, should not be asked?

I am asking because I see it every day and I don't understand why, if people are aware of such facts, they do nothing to change it. In my head that is the epitome of ignorance. I also would like to know if people of my generation are aware of the problem, why are they doing nothing to change it?

asTraySoJouRner

Answer by asTraySoJouRner at 4:56 PM on Mar. 11, 2009