Women hitting on a married man?

Ok. I love this! My husband is in school in another state. His computer in the office, and his laptop, both have pictures of me and the kids as his wallpaper. He has pictures of us all over his office. He is ALWAYS talking about me and the kids. Everyone in the department (Biology) KNOWS he is married with 3 kids.

So he is studying at the coffeeshop and 2 women, also in the graduate program in Biology, sit at the table next to him. One starts flirting with him. He says something (I can't remember, but is was pretty snarky)... the woman stomped off. The other girl looked at him and said, "Are you dense? She has been trying to get you to ask her out!" He looked at her and said, "You DO know that I am married, don't you? You sat behind me last year. Did you NOT see my wife and kids on my computer? You don't SEE the wedding ring?" (Just one example, my husband tells me everything, LOL)

Are some women really that oblivious?

momof3inTN

Asked by momof3inTN at 4:41 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• I think some women like the idea of "stealing" a married man from his wife. I remember once I called my DH while he was out with friends and I guess one of the guys had his phone, answered it and set it up where I could hear him explain to a woman who wanted to go home with him that not only was he not interested, but even if he was it would still be a bad idea for anyone to try to take a slut home with his pregnant wife waiting there, he also made it clear that the only way he was comfortable being out was because he was out with friends since I wasn't able to go and didn't think she'd be quite as brave if I was there in all my hormonal glory, she was mad but eventually left him alone. He and the guys had a good laugh before they remembered I was on the phone, needless to say I feel that my trust was very well placed.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 5:02 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• LOL! Good for him! And it sounds as though you have a winner- a mature and responsible husband.

No they aren't oblivious, just arrogant.

Answer by Bmat at 4:44 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• There is a woman in my neighborhood that thinks it's her mission to sleep with every married man. She is always hitting on my husband and he tells me about it. He has told her several times to leave him alone and that even if he were single, he wouldn't be interested. She will watch for my vehicle to leave and then come knocking on my door. We decided one day that my husband was going to take my vehicle and drive around the block. She showed up and she and I had a little conversation. I told her next time she showed up, we were calling the police for trespassing. She doesn't even hide what she does. I trust my husband 100% so I am not worried at all. The lack of respect for herself and the lack of respect for my marriage bothers me. I don't understand it personally. I guess she likes the challenge.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 4:45 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My husband once told me that he gets hit on more when he goes out with his wedding ring on than when he doesn't wear it out. Figures.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 4:57 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I think there is a correlation between wearing a wedding ring and getting hit on by women. I guess they think, "he must be doing something right." Or something like that.

I definately have a keeper! We have been together for 12 years, married for 10 of those. We tell each other everything! I love it.

We talk pretty much all night, every night (except when he has a test to study for, which, as a graduate student, isn't very often). He has some of the best "I got hit on" stories and we just laugh it up! I love it. Wish I could return the favor but even when I was going out, I was never hit on. LOL That's fine with me though. I'll listen to his stories and laugh about it with him.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 5:07 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I wish my ex was that smart. I would have his stupid little groupies call the HOUSE number. I would answer and give him the phone, and then he would go in another room and talk with them for hours! Like I couldn't figure that one out.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 5:40 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• that is what he tells you.
    Anonymous

• Wow Anon. I'm afraid to ask what kind of marriage you are in. In mine we have a little thing known as trust. Should be in every marriage. Unfortunately not everyone is as lucky as I am.

You may not trust your own husband but I do trust mine and he trusts me. If you don't like it, I don't really care. But if all you are going to do is try to make people feel as badly as you obviously do, it's not working. I have more confidence in my relationship with my husband and your snide little remark is not going to change that fact. Of course you obviously know your remark was completely ridiculous (especially if you had read my original post as well as my comment) otherwise you wouldn't post as anonymous.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 6:35 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• There are some women you find it a game to hit on married men to see if they will stray. Apparently they get off on it. I personally think anyone man or women who hits on a married person is trash. Im sure if they had a meaningful relationship they wouldnt want it done to them.
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 6:48 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• How about this one: A Married woman who thinks that it is okay to hang out with her "just guy friends" more than her own husband. these "just" friends also happen to be her ex-boyfriends and she hangs out with them more than her own husband. BUT if another woman even tries to talk to her husband she flips out and practically kills them for even looking at them.

And I think for some women they go after married men 1. because they figure if they are married, well he must "work" ((wink wink)) and 2. no strings attached they can hit it and quit it and not have to worry about commitment. 3. they probably like the chase and the challenge. I personally think its gross and disrespectful to hit on a married man that you KNOW is married((with ring/pictures of wife&kids and waht not)) but sometimes guys hide their ring and in that instance the flirting is probably innocent on the womans part and not on the males.
    JacquiV

Answer by JacquiV at 7:18 PM on Mar. 11, 2009