Help Please....

My DS is almost 7 months old and will take naps in his bed but refuses to sleep at night in his bed. He doesnt sleep all nigh wakes up 2-3 times a night to eat.
He is formula fed.
I lay him down and within 30 minutes he is screaming and the only way to get him to stop is pick him up and let him sleep with my husband and I.
I have tried them all the CIO method and I have read and tried the no cry sleep solution and none of it's working.
There is nothing wrong with him he is fed,clean diaper,not sick,nor teething.
I dont know what to do anymore. It has been this way for 2 months and I dont know how much longer I can handle it. I dont like him sleeping with us because my husband is a hard sleeper and I'm afraid one of us will roll over on him. I love cuddleing with him but I couldnt handle it if something happen to him cause he was sleeping with us.
Please help me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It sounds to me like he's walking up due to hunger, as is my 8 month old. Were going against what every other mother i have head of and going with every doctor i have talked to is saying. Were putting cereal in her bottle. It helps her sleep without getting hungry thoughout the night.

Good luck!
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 3:54 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• What do you want to know? How to get him to sleep on his own? Some babies just don't. My daughter (now 15) never slept. Seriously not until 5. Okay you don't want to hear that.
    She slept in the swing in my closet. When she was older I would papoose her arms down so she couldn't grab the bars.
    I slept with her in my bed. I slept with her on top of me, she was on top of dh. No one got any sleep while she was in our bed. I will say try everything. Try anything. Raise the head of the bed perhaps?
    My daughter was breast fed and did exactly what you are describing. All I can offer is a comrade in arms. Good luck.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:58 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• i usually go in and quietly talk to my son.. i dont pick him up but i try soothing him with my voice.. being calm and saying the same things to him.. they will know when you say the same things each time that it is bedtime..i give him a lovey(the little security blanket iwth the aneimal on it) for him to hold and cuddle..because it smells like me and a bink to help[ him calm down..JUST bE PATIENT!...it takes a bit for them to get use to it.. but if u stick to it ...it will work.
    naymack

Answer by naymack at 11:00 AM on Mar. 12, 2009