anyone have the meina iud? maybe tmi

if so does anyone have a problem not being able to feel the strings i dont know how far up im supposed to be feeling for them so i have a dr appt monday to get it checked and make sure its still in place and im thinking about haveing it taken out cause i dont have my periods but every 3 months and that is driving me crazy and im posting this in this catagory cause no one seems toanswer very much in the health catagory

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have one. Although I have my perioed some lighter then others...It is scary and it's a rollercoaster. But I love mine! My hubby only feels mine once in awhile, which scaries me to but as long as they can feel or you, then you should be fine. Just remember if you didn't already know, that with the Mirena your time of month is rare to nothing. I have also had the ten year, which is still a monthly period. I liked it, more pokey for hubby. I also was heavier with that one, but was excepted with that type of IUD..GOOD LUCK
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 5:01 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Can you feel your cervix? It feels like a mouth drawn up to kiss. If you can feel that then put your finger around the outside, feel the edge all the way around, then go to the center. It takes a little practice. Squat with one leg up on the toilet, or in the shower with both knees bent. Try to relax. Try bearing down like to pee.
    Hope this helps a little bit.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:01 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I can't feel mine. Dr. said not to worry. I still get my period so it works.
    Anonymous

• well the problem i have with what the first answer said my hubby is deployed an i know he would be aganst the merina cause his stepbrother told him it hurts the guy during sex s i ad it put in after he left and havent had sex since he has been gone i have a period every 3 months and im not worried about it not working im worried about it being in the wrong place so thats why im getting it checked before hubby gets back but hopefully its just me i was never told to squat when trying to feel for it
    Anonymous

• I have one and I can feel the strings. This is my second time around with the IUD. I would definetly go to the doc. and see if it's still in place.
    SonjaSC

Answer by SonjaSC at 5:58 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Well, My doc cut the strings extra short on mine so it was really hard to feel for mine as well. I'm sure if your periods are coming every few months you should be fine. Usually, your body will try to get rid of within the first few days if it were to come out. Usually if you have had it for a while without it coming out before you should be fine.

MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 6:11 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• well maiasommy im thinking she might have cut my strings short too or atleast i hope lol and i have had it for almost a year now so i hope its still in plce im only concerned because hubby will be getting back from deployment soon and i want another baby just not this soon lol
    Anonymous