how did you?

I just recently moved into my first home with my fiance, we are both young 21 to be exact. Im new to this whole mom/wife life and i realy enjoy it i just wanna know what llittle things i can do to make my house more of a home! i want that warm fuzzy feeling when people walk in ya kno?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Well... Humm... In my first home, i made it like my grandmas house.. Everyone likes going to gramas house... But in our new home i just put my flare on it... As soon as you walk in you can see me all over the house... LOL
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 4:57 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I like to keep it simple, it's so much easier to clean. I hate knick knacks, and junk sitting around... Toys are for their bedrooms, oh my I guess I'm getting old, I like the NOT lived in look,lol
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 5:01 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• PAINT! I think the fastest way to make a home warm and welcoming is with some soft color--sage green, pale yellow, warm peach colors on the walls are soothing. You can go to Home Depot/Lowes and grab a bunch of FREE paint swatches to help you decide. Find a picture or prominent item that you would like to display in your room, and pull a color out of it as your wall color. Select bedding, throws, pillows, area rugs, etc. to coordinate with the color scheme/palate.

Try stenciling (start small with little accents on cabinets and drawers until you get the hang of it) or add a textured faux suede painted half wall or full accent wall...creates a weathered and lived in look!

Make picture collections of the two of you together and when you were single, and group together by theme. Buy clearance item frames, and spray paint to coordinate with your room color(s).

Above all make your home reflect BOTH of you!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:40 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• when u walk into my house you get to smell my candle i go with the sasons. my 2 sd's always say mmm house smells sooo good. lol. besides the house is clean. also i have pictures in frams of the kids. the kids like that cause they see that i care enough to have there pictures up. ( i do love them ) i also always have a nice bowl with apples in it. ( kind the kids like. ) sitting on the diningroom table.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:25 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I am like 4x4mum.. I like the not lived in look. Hate knick knacks and toys everywhere. I do have candles out but thats all. But if you don't use warm colors sometimes the clean look can seem more cold than warm..My colors are browns, tans, and touches of deep burgundy and yellow in the curtains
    vikaroo18

Answer by vikaroo18 at 5:45 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Paint, paint, paint! Look through magazines to figure out what sort of things/elements you like and then copy them. HGTV and similar channels have great tips or websites. Good luck!
    PeachMom329

Answer by PeachMom329 at 1:38 PM on Mar. 15, 2009