How would you get a recipe book started?

I know alot of recipes, just need an idea how to put it together? whats best to bind together or to punch hole or just put it in a folder? I am making this a gift for someone thats getting married its a young couple that dont really know how to cook? I think its a kool and neat Idea?

ytapia

Asked by ytapia at 5:03 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I got a book for books a million that was a blank recipe book... An started writing them all down... I was using note cards and a box... LOL I have moved up... LOL
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 5:05 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I would also cover the note cards in sheet plastic found at a craft store or drug store.I get mine in the house wares dept.,it's clear sticky on one side plastic and it's a good way to keep the cards clean and water proof.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 10:37 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• You can go to a site like shutterfly and make one like a photobook as well.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 3:06 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• ALLRECIPES.COM Let's you make one for $39.99 and use your own pictures! I am working on one now with frugal recipes in it, made from scratch,ect.and you can use their recipes too!
    workgoat

Answer by workgoat at 5:44 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I use my Microsoft Works program to print out 4 x 6 recipe cards then put them in a photo album that has those plastic sheets where you just slide in a 4 x 6 picture. That way the recipes look neat and stay neat with the plastic to protect them. I'm making one with all of my favorite recipes in it to hand on to each of my kids!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 1:00 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• get a scrapbook or photo album.....whenever u see a recipe u like just add it to the book. ask friends and family if they have any that they would share with you. i google alot for recipes and add to my faves. when i get back into the States I am going to create a new book.
    CShah

Answer by CShah at 12:34 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• i havent made one before but my mother wrote out recipes on index cards and put them in a cute little photo album.
    jenkent

Answer by jenkent at 11:08 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I always like to use by an example or experience . So this is by example from my married daughter who on line made this awesome cook book with a while insert binder ( insert meaning you can add your own creative picture from the site or one you made up) and she printed out the looks of pies, cakes, puddings , meats, cassaroles, for each section and then had dividers for each one also. I'm bragging on her ability to take these simple items and make a spectacular Cook Book that no one else has at all. Simplyshy
    Simplyshy

Answer by Simplyshy at 6:52 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• i write my recipes on a 4x6 index card, then get the pretty photo books that let you put two pictures per page (some have more, but i like the cute smaller size of the 2 per page albums). you can get the clear plastic tabs to stick on the edge of the pages to divide up the different categories, like vegetables, meat, breads, desserts, etc. in the book i have, the tabs don't even stick out of the book, so it doesn't get caught on stuff when i move it. some printers will even print in a 4x6 format. i hand write everything cos i don't have a printer :(
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 8:12 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I took the more practical approach. I was tired of cards getting ruined from spills and splatter- my kids help me cook- so I just found a 3 ring binder and page protectors. I just took some plain paper/construction paper, taped or glued the recipes together, and stuck them in the page protectors. At the front, I have a list of the recipes I have sorted by type-dinner, snacks, tips and techniques, etc with blank spaces so I can add recipes as I find them.
    Some recipes I had printed off the computer, some were cut out of magazines, some were written on cards. This way I don't have to retype the recipes every time I find one that I like in a magazine or something.
    On the front of the binder, I made a cute cover with 'Mom's recipes' and the date I started it (02-24-2003) and pictures of kitcheny stuff. I've only had to replace one page, and that was because DD spilled oil on it and didn't wipe it off right away.
    mamahud

Answer by mamahud at 11:57 AM on Mar. 16, 2009