Who here thinks America is a great place to live and loves raising their kids here?

Cause I do. And I'm getting sick of everyone complaining. If you don't like it, go somewhere else. And though I didn't personally vote for Obama, now that he's President I still believe he deserves our respect. I'm PROUD to live here and be able to raise my son here. I hope that he grows up knowing how lucky he is. And for all those talking about how society is "devolving" just know that if you were parenting your child correctly and being the best example you could be then society would have no choice but to get better. I belive I'm rasing my son in solid Christan home with good values and therefore he will be an asset to society and the world in general.

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 5:10 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Sorry to say anonymous but here in America yeah we have a lot of people selling drugs and selling their bodies but we're not nearly as bad as A LOT of other countries. I do hate that as Americans when we adopt we don't adopt in our own country we go out of the country. Help America before we help another country! I totally agree that now that Obama is president he deserves our respect. I didn't like Bush but I never said bad things about him! I think Americans need to come first in America, then once we're good then help other countries! But yes I love living in America.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 5:16 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• im sorry but it is horrible how is it a great place when kids younger and younger even from good families end up doign and selling drugs sellign their bodies beign little hood rats seriously is that what you want for your children this country has gone to hell period yes it is way better then most countries but seriously it is a messed up place now if you were talking maybe 20 - 30 years ago id be happy with it things have changed so mmuch since i was a kid and i am scared for my babies growing up in this type of world now
    Anonymous

• i said we were better then other countries and people here wont help people here everyone here is greedy looking for the next free thing this country has gone to hell im sorry if you cant see that
    Anonymous

• I agree with the whole prospect of doing our part and raising our kids well.Which to me would be on a good solid foundation of morals,responsibility,personal accountability,ambition,and to reach for their american dream.

I really have a hard time with this admin though because I see them as counter productive of all that.
    Anonymous

• Anon, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but 20-30 years ago people thought the world was going to Hell in a hand basket, too. America is by far the best place to raise a child. I am proud to be an American. I would not live anywhere else.

Momtocccd

Answer by Momtocccd at 5:20 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Well you might say if we hate it so much then move...sorry that's not as easy as you say. All other countries don't just take you in. We are the only ones holding up the liberty flame p[reaching bring me your poor huddle masses.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 5:23 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• America's preaching "bring me your poor, your huddled masses" is what started the problem. Everybody wants to come here, and America is running out of room for them and nearly bankrupt with providing each and every one of them with the means to "live the American Dream" without lifting a finger to make America grow and prosper. And they still keep coming, Illegally breaking into our country and dragging us ever closer to a third world standard of living.
    Anonymous

• I'm proud an American and to be living in America. I think it's the best place to raise my children because they will have the most opporunities here.

I don't understand how you can not love living in this country. If you are not proud to be an American here, then move... there is a country to the South and North that you can move to.. and it's a drive away, just grab your passport.

This is one of the most accepting countries of mixed raced children, there's so much culture all around. You may think society here is going down then run for political office and make a change, you can't really do that in China.
    lilmommy0416

Answer by lilmommy0416 at 5:41 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I've been horrified at our country for the past 8 years, but now I'm a proud American.
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 5:57 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I freakin' love being here!
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 6:25 PM on Mar. 11, 2009