Has anyone had Laser Hair Removal done?

If so, was it painful? How many treatments did you need before you saw results? Has it lasted? and Was it worth the $$$ you paid for it? I really want to get it done on my Bikini area, but i'm stuck on the fence about it.

Vanessannd

Asked by Vanessannd at 5:13 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I've had it done on my bikini area and upper thighs. It can be pretty painful, especially in the bikini area. It feels like really sharp stings and afterward almost like a burning feeling, but it goes away pretty quickly. Make sure you take some pain reliever before you go, and ask them for ice to slightly numb the area before they start. My skin is stubborn, so I've been going every 6-10 weeks for over a year and I'm just now seeing real results; I haven't had to pay any extra for all of the additional treatments, though. Most people see results much sooner. It's pretty expensive. I did it b/c I won a contest and got $300 off but supposedly it's permanent once the hair is finally gone and, to me, that makes it worth it. Good luck!
    muse76

Answer by muse76 at 11:14 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Laser treatments on hair removal SHOULD only take 3 times. A group of girls went around the same time & had this done & came out with the same results. It is painful but when it's finished, that's it! The cost was around $ 300.00 for each visit. Make sure you go to someone who does this as a profession or you could end up getting a bad deal. You shouldn't have to pay more than 300 & you should see your final results in 3rd visit.   After 1st visit you will notice your hair will fall out from the roots. The 2nd time wont be much of a "wow" factor but it's working. Your 3rd should be hair free!  It is known to have a couple of stuborn hairs to show up later but I'm sure the lady would get those for you for a cheaper amount. Make sure you ask!

onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 1:02 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Yes, and it hurts like a SOB!!!! I aint gonna lie to ya! WOW! It felt like a hot curling iron pressing on my hoo hoo! It was expensive, and it was working good, but then i got prego and couldnt go back. I did 3 visits, and needed about 5. My hair is normal. It's still thin now, but it did grow back. Make sure you use that numbing cream if they give you some!!!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 5:46 PM on Mar. 14, 2009