what would you do call landlord ,call cops etc..

ok what would you do mi sil n her gf live down stairs.they smoke pot me n my dh dont n the smell comes up stairs we have told them for about 4 mo or more now well they havent done anything to change it we have kids here ,i dont want my kids around it nor to smell it or anything.should i call my landlord or call the cops.i dont want to be a snitch but shes not doing anything to help it out me,my dh,as well as my mil all have told her.she has a guy living with her whos on parole and her gfs grandkids are also down there.what would you do.i know if i tell my landlord she will flip your not even sopose to smoke cigs in the house never the less pot.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• I'd start with the landlord, and if the landlord didn't do anything, then I'd move on to the cops. Some landlords can be pretty snotty about the cops coming out to resolve problems, so whenever I rented, I always used the landlord as the first step to resolve anything, that way if it went beyond to the cops or health dept or whatever, I could tell them hey, I called you and you didn't do anything.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:27 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• You've tried talking to her. Call the police.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 5:28 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I would call the police and then the landlord, so she knows what is about to happen. What a sticky situation to be in. :o\
    Mama2Mase

Answer by Mama2Mase at 5:28 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• If they are smoking in front of the kids I would call the cops That is child abuse! and endangerment.I would call landlord as well
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 5:28 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Tell the landlord and if they don't do anything then when you know it's going on call the cops because most likely they will be caught with it. Someone lives upstairs and they smoke it on the stairway so we called our security patrol and they havn't smoked weed outside or of our knowing around us again.
    Anonymous

• Simple: Call the cops. Smoking pot is illegal. Yeah sure your landlord may or may not do anything about it, but the cops will.
    Anonymous

• pot is pot it doesnt hurt anything i mean it sucks u have to smell it bc i HATE the smell i would call the landlord and after they talk 2 her and it happens again then maybe the cops but pot will be legal within 5 years
    Anonymous

• Call the landlord first. The police cannot do anything unless there is something in plain sight. Even the smell of pot isn't enough to warrent them going into a place. Especially if you live upstairs and the smell is up there as well. (been there done that with a tenant) Maybe the landlord could schedule an "inspection" of something. Or be there to spray for insects. That would give him access to every room and give him a chance to look around.
    Anonymous

• Pot is illegal. I would call the police.
    Anonymous

• Call the cops the next time you smell it, tell them to come quick so that they will still smell it.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 6:58 PM on Mar. 11, 2009