What do you think (this is for anyone with an opinion)

I dont belive in BC (birth controle) my husbend wants me on something to stop me from being pregnant. I went and talked to my dr about it and asked if there was a female contraseptive that dosent stop ovulation or slow it down such as the female condom. (I dont want to use that)

Do you think its fair that my husbend is trying to pressure me into using something my morals are against? And do ya'll know of any type of contraseptive that i'm talking about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• And do ya'll know of any type of contraseptive that i'm talking about?

A vasectomy

Seems to me if he's the one with the issue, it's his responsibility to handle it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:39 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I'm in the same boat as you!!
    Were using condoms right now, thats it. I'm scared to use bc cause it messes my body up and I read a website that its wrong for christians to use it. Of course I took it for what it was and made my own decision and I don't feel its right for me. I was on the pill for only 4 months and it took 6 months for my period to return. I don't want to go through that stress again.
    Good luck though. Hopefully you get some good answers :)
    Mama2Mase

Answer by Mama2Mase at 5:31 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• First off you and hubby probably should've talked about this before marriage so your morals wouldn't conflict. Second he should respect your morals, as well as you his. Last yes there is a "contraceptve" per say, abstinence or calendar watching, so you know not to do anything when you're fertile.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 5:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I think that is something you both should have discussed before marriage. If it is against your morals, he should have been made aware of that from the beginning.
    Anonymous

• sorry I probably wasn't much help was I?
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 5:34 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• i agree 100% with avpriddis.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:34 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I don't know about the OP but for me I did my research after I got married. Maybe thats the case for the OP too?
    Mama2Mase

Answer by Mama2Mase at 5:36 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I don't see why you two got married if you have huge differences. I don't see the harm in BC, I'm a christian and no where in the bible does it say it's wrong to use BC(King James version). There are female condoms, there are also diaphrams which you wear during sex. If I were your husband I would go get clipped, then you wouldn't have to go against your beliefs and he no longer has to worry about getting you pregnant.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 5:37 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• abstinence works but can slowly destroy a marriage. Calendar watching is not fool proof. If he truly wants protection then he can wear a condom. I cannot use bc it messed me up and he refused to wear a condom... we have two kids already and abstinence went into affect. Yes marriage went to but thats not the main reason why there are other factors. I am just saying it can affect the marriage.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:39 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• If hubby doesnt want to have any more children and it is against your religion for BC, then have you two talked about a vacestomy, if you two still want more children but not know condoms might be the best answer for you, it does help prevent pregnancy, it is not permanent, and does not stop ovulation, but either way you look at it, it is still a form of BC.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:41 PM on Mar. 11, 2009