You say Satan is the Prince of Lies...

It is said that he will appear to you under the guise of an angel of light to deceive you. Now, think carefully before you answer this: Are you absolutely sure that the Bible is not a work of Satan, containing just enough good to fool you, but also containing blasphemous ideas which are not of God? How can you know for sure?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 5:49 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• To the OP there is no way they can prove words written over 2000 years ago weren't influenced by satan. I had just point this out to someone here not too long ago. That is why I don't put a lick of faith in the buy bull. Hey anon. does announcing that you will pray for us make it more effective?? You do realize how condescending it sounds in that context...right? Yes I know hannah was guilty first, but still. Using the bible to prove the bible also a very weak arguement. FACT is it can't be proven.Even if it is/was god's message it was penned by man who is much weaker to the influence of satan. Also the influence of pot. Prove to me the writer's weren't high and/or drunk when they heard voices. Duuuude. :)
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:12 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Through prayer
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 5:50 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Satan is make believe.
    Anonymous

• Look up the word Faith, the definition would answer this question.
    Anonymous

• I want YOU to answer the question, and prayer and faith are not answers. Prayer and faith prove nothing... I hate how christians skirt around my questions and give me robotic answers.

And I agree that Satan is make believe, that's why I'm asking people how they can believe what they do.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 5:59 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• No one can actually answer the question with any significant answer. Satan is make believe and if he wasn't there is NO proof he didn't create the Bible.

Someone can say they prayed and God told them it wasn't and I could say I prayed and God told me it WAS. Nobody can say who is write or wrong because there is no proof.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 6:07 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• the question you are asking is a good question. i honestly have never thought about it like that. i cant really explain it to you. i still have questions myself. but i do have faith and i do believe. im sorry i cant better answer your questions but i am trying to give you an honest answer.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:17 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I have questioned the authenticity of the bible... such as..in Genesis chapter 1 God speaks of GodSSS as in plural, and refers to US- but the second chapter of Genesis, which goes over the same story again- refers to god as one single God. not long after this God has several discussions about how he is the only one... it is interesting to me and it seems like the authors were trying to make the transistion from polytheism to monotheism as swiftly as possible-

I have cross referenced this in four different versions of the Bible for a Bible as literature class that i took in college...There are other discrepancies that i have noticed as well when i was writing a research paper on the subject

and I would like to add that in spite of my misgivings over the Bible I do believe in God, and do consider myself a Christian.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 6:24 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• He's the Prince of DARKNESS. He's the FATHER of lies. If your'e going to insult Christianity,at least get your words right before you post,and make yourself look like you don't have a clue what your'e talking about.
    Anonymous

• And, no, he did not write the Bible. However, I have no doubt your question is a trick of his, and you have no way of knowing he's using you. He'll use anyone,and say anything,and do anything to discredit the Bible,and God. So, that's what's truly going on here.
    Anonymous