if its your 2nd pregancy would it come a whole lot sooner cause with my son i had him in 3 hours

BabyJ2009

Asked by BabyJ2009 at 5:53 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• some people say that but soem also say it took them longer with their 2nd i personally would love to have anything shorter then what i had with my first lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:55 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• With my first son I got to the hospital and had been crowning for sometime and was ready to push. Wiht my second I was 9 cm dialated. But from start to finish I was in labor for about an hour longer with my first son because it took us an hour to get to the hospital. But every person and every pregnancy is different too. I was lucky both times. My boys were born 1: in 30 minutes and 2: 1 hour from when I arrived at the hospital.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 6:00 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• my 1st was born 5 1/2 hrs after my water broke
    my 2nd was born 2 3/4 hrs after my water broke
    i am afraid to know what the 3rd one will do
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 6:41 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My first was 14 hours of labor, 2 1/2 hours of pushing
    My second was 45 mins of labor and 10 mins of pushing
    I think the next two are going to be born in the truck on the way to the hospital...lol
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 6:44 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My sister has 5 kids and her labors got longer with each one. Everyone is different though- because I think in most cases you go quicker with your second. But you just don't know until it happens.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 6:56 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My first was 11hours
    my 2nd was 7 1/2 hours
    but i waited a long time at home. My water broke on the toilet and i had to call the ambulence ,
    by the time we got to the hosp. the baby's head was crowning and I kept saying, I gotta push!! lol
    i had her in 5 mins.
    i was told to go to the hosp. earlier this time.lol
    my midwife says it might come faster not to wait.
    Aneq

Answer by Aneq at 7:06 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Just look at it as a completly different pregnancy. It could happen, but don't be shocked if it doesn't. My first one was induced, only 8 hours, second one 6, but my third my water was broken for twenty four hours in the hospital before I had her, my fourth was about 8 hours too. I don't think they were to crazy fast but I will say delivery was very unique.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 7:56 PM on Mar. 11, 2009