Bible School Brawls

My DH and I dropped our 4 year old son off at Bible school where we witnessed a group of 10 year old boys FIGHTING WITH FIST in the front of the lawn at this Church. WITH OTHER PARENTS standing around. It took another lady who brought her DD to yell at them. At which time they were mad because that got "ratted out" The pastor came over and we commented on the ROUGH PLAY and he laughed and said.. yep boys will be boys... This is not the only time we saw fighting the younger class was doing it to.. Along with my son who was punished for hitting a boy back. Where do we as parents draw the line for this behavior? Is my son a fault for hitting YES did he get in trouble YES. But, what about the others? Where was the supervison?

Asked by DancerMomof2 at 1:56 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in General Parenting

• Does the school follow any of the "anti-bullying" ideas that are currently in public schools? *I* think it has gone way over the line when they are literally fist fighting. Wether or not there is a *school law* set in place ... it should be stopped BEFORE it gets past the name calling or finger pointing (proding, poking) etc!
    There are numerous Anti - bully programs that the school could and should use.

PS- Shame on those parents that stood, watched and did nothing!

Answer by New2WAHJ at 11:42 AM on Jun. 20, 2008