SHOULD I GET MEDICAL CODING AND BILLING CERT.

Hi, my husband and business partner think I should get medical coding and billing certification... so I called all the ones they came up in the area berkeley,berdan,dover etc...for the 2 wks they call at 3-7 times a day. I finally spoke to one of the sales person and they want 5k-7k and takes 18 months to complete course...Do I really want do this...I really want to out get the home now that two kids are older from 9-2 everyday. SHOULD GO FOR THIS CERTIFICATION.

explore64

Asked by explore64 at 6:22 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• My friend is going to Kaplan University I believe how it's spelled online here in Columbus, Ohio for medical billing and coding. If it was that much money, she wouldn't even do it. She isn't woking right now due to being pregnant, having her in a month, and a stay at home mom. She will go back to work but also is doing the college online and I'm not sure if it takes 18mths or not.
    Anonymous

• she also said its good money
    Anonymous

• I looked into that also. It actually has a lot of really good benefits and depending on the doctor or doctors you work for you could end up with the option of staying home and working and only having to go to the office a few hours a week. I say definitly go for. Had my situation been different I would've gone to school for it. And it doesn't take long to finish the course. The hardest part is learning the lingo. GL
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 7:11 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• NO!!! go to www.scambusters.org first and then go on www.evelyn1.fourpointconsultants.com
    I used to work at a hospital. They are going to be switching to electronic records so the doctors will be imputing the information and the need for coders and billers will decrease.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 11:38 PM on Mar. 11, 2009