I'm a little scared...should I be?

I have already had a baby. She is happy, healthy. I had preclampsia with her (not diagnosed until I was already full term). I am pregnant again and I didn't realize it until I was already 3 months along. I was bleeding off and on during those months. I suspected that I was pregnant, but tests kept coming back negative.

I went to the doctor once I got a positive test and they did an ultrasound. Turns out I was 12 weeks along at that point.

I have been bleeding off and on throughout this pregnancy. The most recent time was at 24 weeks. I am 27 weeks now.

I'm just a little worried about the bleeding. I was in the last part of my second trimester last time I had this issue. It seemed like quite a bit of blood. They keep telling me that everything is fine and that the baby is healthy, but they can't tell me why I am bleeding. I just feel like something is a little off, but they keep telling me that everything is okay.

Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• preeclampsia sometiems isnt shown til full term but i agree i woul be a nervous wreck i would just relax and take it to heart that you have made it as far as you have and the drs are not at al worried good luck honey
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:31 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I had a hemmorhage at 9weeks pregnant till about 18weeks pregnant bleeding on and off and sometimes filling 3-4 pads with in like 2hrs or less, but those days filling those pads was like one day and then 2 weeks later it happened again, etc... Now I'm not bleeding anymore and I'm 22 1/2weeks pregnant. Sometimes the body will bleed it out or wil absorb the blood. You might have this or sometimes pregnant women will bleed during bein pregnant. Get an ultrasound done by a differnt doctor.
    Anonymous

• It is your doctors job to make sure you and your baby are healthy. If you weren't ok he would do something about it. So I would trust him...what other option do you have?
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 6:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I'm not sure if this is right or not but I remember hearing (or maybe reading? who knows) that it's possible to bleed while pregnant and have it not be the same kind of blood as if you were losing the baby. Like the source comes from somewhere else. But I could be wrong... sorry, I'm not much help.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 6:54 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I've been having the same issue. I had quite a bit of bleeding in the beginning, then yesterday it started again. I'm 23 weeks pregnant. I went to the doctor today and they assure me that everything is fine but I'm still worried.

I do want to say that you don't HAVE to trust your doctor. You HAVE to trust your body. If you still feel something is wrong get a second opinion from another doctor, a midwife, or even a family doctor.
    Anonymous