Is anyone on here bothered by the attitude of some of the old moms on here who think that it's their place to judge teen moms?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I am an old fart (42),not all old moms judge the teen moms,I have seen alot of teen moms,that are hell of better moms,than a few 30 some year olds I have seen.Age has nothing to do with maturity,as silly as that sounds.Good Luck
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 7:01 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Nope, why? Are you? I am an old mom. Oh crap am I an old mom I am 46?
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 6:31 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I was hoping someone would ask this, I was going to ask it myself... Yes I am bothered that people think that ALL teen Moms are horrible. There re MANY young Mother's out there who are great parents. I was one of them myself. I grew up very fast. At 19 I had my Son and my life became ALL about him, as it should be.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 6:31 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• yes i mean im not a teen mom ill be 20 when my son is born but im married and everything i dont understand how that makes me a bad mom just because im young
    Anonymous

• I just get annoyed at a lot of people on here cause they are so judgmental and cruel to others. It is like if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. Instead they like to make an a$$ of themselves. People need to learn to just BE NICE!!
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 6:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• i agree with peek- alot of women are so judgemental on this site. i ask a question about my husband and the girl sayin she can take my money and stuff and one chick said its not my buisness. i mean how does that make sense. geezus
    Anonymous

• I think it's unfair for a baby to be brought into this life when a mother is not ready to be a mom, whether she's 12 or 35. And yes, I do judge teens and anyone else that isn't ready because you could have prevented it easily. Teen moms could be great moms, but do I think a 15 year old is ready to have a baby? Definitely not! But they don't think about the consequences and then wonder, "How did this happen? " The little baby doesn't have a choice, the mother does.
    Anonymous

• wow! look i was a teen mom myself. i got pregnant at 18 and had my son at 19. i am a darn good mother and i know that i am. i dont party, hang out with friends, etc etc. i am completely devoted to my son and my husband. so when teen moms are judged, i know that they are not judging me. they are judging the teen moms that have a baby for their parents to raise so they can go party. so if you are a good mom, and you take care of your kid, then you arent being judged either. JMO. but questions referring to teen moms have been posted at least 3 times today. posting questions will not change anything. break the stereotype and then maybe that will change something. BUT if it doesnt, then you know that it doesnt apply to you. thanks much
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:36 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• "Old Mom" here... I'm bothered whenever anyone makes any blanket statements. I've seen people blast teen moms as a group - why? I don't know all the teen moms and the ones I do know are doing the best they can, frequently with far more support than older moms have. I've also seen people blast anyone having a child after their 30's - why? I don't know all the older moms but again, the ones I know (including me) are doing the best we can, frequently with far more resources than younger moms.

A mom is a mom. Age has little to do with it. My mom was 17 when my brother was born. She did a great job. Yes, that was normal back then. So what? Does that mean a 17 year old CAN'T do that today? No. Is it harder for a teen? Yes. Is it harder for a single mom? Yes. Regardless of age, marital status, income... moms need support, not bashing.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:37 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Let us all just stop the rudeness. Calling someone an old mom is very rude and disrespectful. More experienced mothers may be judgmental or come off judgmental because they have a lot of opinions and experience. However, they could be more considerate perhaps when giving an opinion to a mother with less experience. It is a good idea to treat each other as fellow mothers rather than according to some kind of caste system. Teens should be respectful as well. Moms are moms and all moms need support. Age does play a factor in experience at times and maturity but once you have a child, it does not determine if you are a mom or not. You actions define you as a mother. Just keep that in mind.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 6:53 PM on Mar. 11, 2009