How can I get my baby to eat vegetables?

acbac

Asked by acbac at 6:36 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son started at 5 months and took the spoon right away. He loves them!
    Anonymous

• try mixing them with oatmeal or cereal
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 6:40 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Mix the vegetable baby food up with some fruit baby food. So he/she can not taste it.

Answer by louise2 at 6:45 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• If he doesn't eat it right away, thats OK!! Try something else that he does like that isn't too sweet, banana's is a great one, and try again in a day or two. Their taste buds are constantly changing.

Also, I hear that lots of people have success with sweet potatoes. My daughter didn't like them, lol, but apparently a lot of peoples kids do.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:03 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Start with carrots and sweet potatoes. they are a little sweeter but still healthier than the fruit right away....it takes 8-9 times of trying a food before they adjust to the taste...the only one I have had problems with are peas....you can try an avocado...that was my DD's first food for 2 weeks looooves them from the beginning. Technically, its a fruit but its got good fat and is very healthy. Get him used to just eating it and using a spoon and then maybe mix in some carrots after he gets used to that. good luck and don't give up. I would get him used to veges before I introduce fruit. You run the risk of them never liking veges.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:22 PM on Mar. 11, 2009