I'm wondering if all the people that say stuff like if you can't afford it don't have kids, and if you can't feed em don't breed em, all had planned pregnancies and were completly financially stable when they had their children...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I bet 98% of them werent. Or just dont care whos feelings they hurt
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 6:37 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• No matter how "prepared" people think they are...truth is babies are HUGELY expensive!!! Unless they are independently wealthy, there are going to be tough times no matter how much you plan.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 6:39 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• i doubt it. alot of the moms on this site act like they are the almighty and can look down and judge anyone who doesnt make 70k a yr. get a grip some women are so judgemental and honestly it dont bother me because if they treat others that way imagine the way they treat their kids. probably push them and tell them they arent good enough
    Anonymous

• I agree that if you can't afford to feed your children, no, you shouldn't have children at that time. If you can't afford a place for that baby to live, no, you shouldn't be having children. My child was planned. It took my husband and I 3 years to conceive. And even before my husband, I didn't start having sex until I knew I could afford a child if I happened to get pregnant while on the pill because I know it happens a lot of the time.
    Anonymous

• There is a difference between being COMPLETELY financially stable and being DIRT poor.

I mean, we were in no means rich, and I would not call us financially stable. But we could buy a safe home, food, and medical needs for our kids.

i dont believe most people are completly financially secure. But to have absolutly nothing and to purposly have a child is not smart. I mean if you dont have a safe home or cant buy groceries, then its not fair to the child.
    Anonymous

• People like to say things. That are not always true. My saying is,," you are never 100% prepared to have a child".

Answer by louise2 at 6:42 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• And by afford i mean I could feed him/her, give him/her a place to live, make sure she/he is warm and that I was physically and emotionally ready for a child.
    Anonymous

• Well, I can say that we planned our pregnancy but my husband became laid off one month before my due date. We had to borrow money from my family and his just to survive; you are never prepared for what life can throw your way so people should not be so judgemental. There are alot of great moms on here who do the very best they can for their kids, you don't need to have alot of money to be happy
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 6:43 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I think you can plan and plan and still never really be soild in all your plans for a baby. I just think that no matter what there will always be more room to grow or room for improvement with yourself to be a good parent. Those things come as you grow with your child. Now don't go out and have a baby at a time you know you couldn't handle it but just think there isn't any way to be 100 percent prepared. And I think it is easy for parents to pass judgment on others once they have maybe walked in their shoes. It seems as some get older they forget where they have been and what they have been through.
    Anonymous

• I just think saying something like that to someone who already has the children here is not constructive, it's not gonna solve the problem. And it's kind of a mean spirited thing to say about an innocent child who didn't pick their parents. Don't get me wrong, deliberatly bringing kids into this world with no way or means to take care of them is not right. When I was pregnant with my daughter I had no where to live and just lost my job, she really made me get my sh$T together. I got a new job, we got married, we paid our bills and got on our feet. We've needed a little help here and there, but we know that our kids are our responsibility and no one elses.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 6:47 PM on Mar. 11, 2009