Is it okay to drink red wine during your early first trimester?

hawaii09

Asked by hawaii09 at 6:53 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in About CafeMom

• One glass,that's it! no more young lady. lol
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 6:54 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• You will get bashed for this question, and I will get bashed for my response...

Yes, you can drink wine during your pregnancy. My doctor told me I could even have a beer or two if I wanted.

However, during your first trimester is probably not a good idea. A LOT is going on during that time.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:55 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• You'll get a myriad of answers on this question. I'm sure it will turn into a full fledged free for all, these usually do...but why would you even want to chance it? Not worth it.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 6:56 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I had a glass of wine a week during my entire pregnancy, even up until the night before I had her
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 7:24 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• r u kidding me???
    Anonymous

• when you are pregnant you are not supposed to have the cough drops and cough syrup with alcohol in them so alcoholic beverages are a NO too. also note that the alcohol you consume passes through to the baby and it has a lot stronger affect on the baby. Alcohol is dangerous to developing babies.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 8:39 PM on Mar. 11, 2009