Is it okay to give my 6 month a frozen waffle to knaw on, he's teeting

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, so long as you watch him to make sure he won't choke on any pieces he gets off.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:55 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Hmm...those thaw pretty quickly, I would just grab some teethers at the store with the liquid that you can freeze instead. Or toss a washcloth in the freezer. That way you don't have to worry about him choking on a chunk of the waffle.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 6:55 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• You should get one of those mesh teethers. You can put frozen fuit in it for the child to suck on but none of the thawed pieces can be choked on.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 6:58 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• i gave them to my kids and by the time they started to thaw out they had it gummed so much there were no chunks.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 7:04 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I'd give one. By the time it is thawed, it's mush (as mentioned above) and besides...intro to table foods! He can start figuring out how to self feed!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:09 PM on Mar. 11, 2009