Does anyone have a "bedwetting success" story?

I have a 9 and a half year old son who wets the bed every night. I have tried various methods to help him conquer this. I was hoping someone out there has been through this and can tell me what they did step-by-step. Maybe it will work for my son too...I know it's affecting his self esteem.

psydney42

Asked by psydney42 at 6:56 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• My youngest DD wet in the bed tell she was 6 yo.. I tried everything from spanking to not letting her drink after 6pm.Nothing worked..That was before older kids diapers, that they sell now days. She eventually stopped wetting the bed by herself.  

The only thing I can say to you is put a diaper in him and wait it out. He will stop eventually. 

Answer by louise2 at 7:03 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• on him I meant.. My DD is 24 now and has 2 kids of her own.

Answer by louise2 at 7:05 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My 7 year old and 11 year old still wet the bed. My 11 year old doesn't do it but like once or twice or week but my 7 year old is every night. I have been to the Dr's and all but nothing works. It's a process they have to grow out of. I was told by one of the Dr's who did an ultrasound on my son's stomach tell me when he uses the bathroom he stops himself short holding the rest in which may or may not come out while he is sleeping.
    mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 11:04 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Have you tried these pads they have that you put on thier bed that have an alarm that beeps when they pee, it is to wake them up and make them realize when they do it. I am taking my 10 yr old for his yearly tomorrow and I am debating on whether to just ask him for this mat!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:12 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• To get our 4 1/2 year old dry (now 5) we started with limiting drinks after dinner, him going before bed, then waking him up about 12/12:30 before we went to bed. After a month or so of doing this week decided to try for not waking him (and not telling him we were going to do so) and he made it through the night. He had a few accidents but was pretty much dry after that. ..Worth a shot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• My son turned 8 last summer and was still wetting the bed. His ped suggested a bed-wetting alarm (I think the website is thebedwettingstore.com). It worked- in 6 weeks' time he was dry and has been ever since. Before that we had tried getting him up, limiting drinks, etc... nothing else worked.

My daughter was only 4 1/2 (the alarm's not recommended for a child under 6), but she was still wetting and she really wanted to try it. It didn't work for the 1st 1/2 of the night for her (she slept through peeing AND the alarm), but in the 2nd 1/2 of the night she was able to learn to wake. Now at 5 she wakes at any time of the night and takes herself to the bathroom :-)
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 9:34 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I agree with the bedwetting alarm. I wet the bed until 6 years old. My parents tried everything - medicine, no fluids, waking me up, even surgery! Nothing helped. Until they got the alarm. Usually it takes a few months but for me one night was all it took.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:15 PM on Mar. 12, 2009