My 3 month old has a cold.

What am I able to give her besides saline spray?? She is so miserable. Doctors said let it run it course but I feel so bad for her. Has anyone given their baby a little bit of Childrens Tylenol Cold and Cough???

bellasmommy09

Asked by bellasmommy09 at 6:57 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Always ask the doc before giving medicing.

You could try bathing her in some baby bath that has soothing minty vapors. I have some of that, I haven't had to use it yet though...so I can't tell you if it works or not.
    Anjeey

Answer by Anjeey at 6:59 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• She's waaaay too little for meds, it's not safe. Run a humidifier in her room, do the saline drops and unfortunately other than that there's not a lot you can do. Elevate her while she's sleeping also and you can hold her in the bathroom for a while with the shower going so it's steamed up.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 6:59 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I agree with aurorabunny. But I used the humidifier and the saline spray and neither worked. It was still as bad a week later when we went back and his pedi gave him a rx for a nebulizer. Now he's better :]
    KareemsMami

Answer by KareemsMami at 7:03 PM on Mar. 11, 2009