At what age did your childI(ren) learn all of the letters by sight, not just be able to say them?

When did your child learn to recognize his/her letters?

dianna25

Asked by dianna25 at 7:05 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My oldest was 18 months, my second before he was 2 and my youngest closer to 2 years. He still has a problem with a few of the similar ones (lower case b and d still confuse him). We worked on recognition first instead of just learning the song or what they were. It's what worked for our boys.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:12 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My DD who is almost 3 knew at 18 months by sight and she was able to say them all. Except Q, it still sometimes comes out cute. My DS is only 5 months so...I'll let you know.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 7:50 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My boys are 27 mos and have been able to recognize a few letters for a few months now.
    Worry not. I don't think they're expected to be able to do that until around age 3.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 8:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2009