Did you know that.......

The majority of businesses in this country are small, mom-and-pop businesses whose owners make NO WHERE CLOSE to 275 times their employees. And this question is NOT purposefully misleading...........

mustbeGRACE

Asked by mustbeGRACE at 7:07 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• What is your question?????????????//
    Anonymous

• and....
    Anonymous

• Why, yes I did know that, thank you very much.
    Anonymous

• Mom and pop shops couldn't keep a business running if they made that much more than the employees. Bravo mustbeGRACE for bringing it up!!!

Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 7:18 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Yes, but they aren't on the liberal news shows being bashed for driving a new Lincoln.
    We're moving on up,to-oooo the east side, to that deluxe apartment....in the sky aye aye!!
    They are regular people like many moms on this website being bashed for having the gumption to own or start a business and provide jobs for maybe 5-15 people.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 7:27 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Yes, I did know that. So what's your point? These people dealing with a mom and pop type business have incomes similar to many people. They don't make enough money to pay themselves 275 times what their employees make. (As an aside, Bush tax cuts never did help mom & pop start-ups. )
    I am glad you agree with Obama in thinking that the large majority of start up businesses need tax breaks.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 8:02 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Yup. I am one of them.. Of course I had to let my employees go once the upper wage earners l(aka my business clients) left my town for bigger cities and jobs. But what do I know~I am just one of those people who ran a business that was 70% targeting to upper 2%...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:25 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• stacymomof2,

When Obama says only those making $250,000 or more will see a tax increase, he is speaking about all kinds of mom-and-pops.

Take sales of $250,000, subtract all your labor, supplies, rent, heat, electricity, insurances, blah, blah, blah, and see what's left! Take some out for take-home pay.................

Get taxed on $250,000 anyways, before all that stuff, instead of what you actually take into your house as income, some bakery owner may take home $60, 000, and pay taxes on the $250,000.
    That's the rich people scenario.............
    And Obama knows this and counts on you not to know it, so he can keep on lying on national TV......
    Many, many businesses do $250, 000..........
    You ban make that by just opening the doors everyday.............
    All these blasted rich people...........

I don't agree with Obama about anything................
    He's a liar.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 9:00 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Hey mustbegrace, I don't know who does your taxes but gross sales does not equal income. He's talking about an INCOME of $250g, that is obviously after labor, supplies, etc. Income is not the same as gross sales, and I do know it because I do own a business. You are the one that doesn't know what you are talking about.
    The bakery owner that takes home $60,000 is taxed on $60g. Do you not know how it works?
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:09 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Does anyone know for sure if he is taxing people who make $250,000 BEFORE losses? Because when you file taxes for your business, you report losses too and it reflects in your earned income. So if he is taxing people who actually make $250K plus as reported on their taxes, then I don't have a problem with it because that is more money than most people need to survive a year in a 6 person family! However, if he is taxing people BEFORE they submit their taxes or tax documents, then yes, it looks like you make way more than you actually do.
    trebelcleff

Answer by trebelcleff at 9:12 PM on Mar. 11, 2009