I am so mad

I seriously hate living in so cal - people seem to be so disrespectful. My son has a little tikes 8 in 1 climber it sits in the front yard because we don't have a backyard big enough and it can't fit in the house regardless the toy is my son's. My husband and I found a couple preteen kids in our yard this morning disassembling the jungle gym and trying to carry it off. Do people not teach their kids to stay off other people's property and more importantly not to steal from others anymore? I don't know what to do! It would be so unfair to have it taken down just so it doesn't get stolen

JAJA_Steele

Asked by JAJA_Steele at 7:07 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• It's very unfortunate the world we live in these days! Is there any way you could discretely chain the climbing system to a fence post, tree or fixture on your house? You can buy chain by the foot at Home Depot/Lowes and a key lock.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:10 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• how horrible!! I cant believe what is happening to the world!! I agree with lorikeet. is there anyway you can secure it? I would say cement it in, but I dont think you want to do that to your front lawn. Im sorry you have to go through that. that is such BS
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 7:11 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• And THAT's why I won't go back to SoCal. Grew up in Norther CA, went to college in SoCal and happily moved out of the state over 11 years ago with nary a thought of returning except for the occasional foray into the Santa Cruz mountains.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 7:18 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• JPsmommy I grew up in Nor Cal too Lake Tahoe is home to me so cal is my husbands domain

Thanks for the ideas ladies I will do what I can to chain it to the house so sad it has to come to that
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 7:45 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My DH is from San Diego, 2 miles from the border. I'm so glad he has no desire to live there. His folks live there and we visit 1-2 times a year. Needless to say, I'm always so glad to return to the safety of my own home and area.
    The stuff that my IL's tell me is outrageous.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 8:25 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• it is really outrageous here and only getting worse

JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 8:26 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• It's a shame, because it's such a beautiful place, weather is so nice, tons of different things to do. Whenever we come home, my DH is tense for about a week after wards. His parents are incredibly stressed and so bitter and negative that it makes the trips less than fun. Like I said, we generally can't wait to get home when we go.
    I'm a Pacific Northwestern girl, so the vibe here is so different than it is there. I've turned my Dh into a Pacific northwestern, as well. He doesn't want to leave this region.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 8:36 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• LOL growing up and living my life in California I moved to Washington once for a year, we are thinking about moving back. Such a different atmosphere and for the better not to mention I can leave my son's toys in the front yard without worry
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 9:28 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I would have called the cops
    Anonymous

• No matter where you live there will be those "punks". Next time call the police
    mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 11:21 PM on Mar. 11, 2009