IVP?

my husband is going to have an IVP on tuesday. they only gave him 1 valume to take before this, is he going to be in a lot of pain and are they going to have him something to help him after all this is over?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Health

• Intravenous Pyelogram is an xray of the urinary tract n action. He will be given a contract via IV in his arm, then x-rays will be performed. Some ppl experience flushing, warmth, metallic taste but the Sx shouldn't last long..a few mins.
    Dani32

Answer by Dani32 at 7:37 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• well they said that they are going to stick a camera up his pee hole

Anonymous

• Sorry I didn't mean "contract"...Suppose to be contrast. Not sure why the cam, most are done with xray, I guess it is bc of his Sx and Hx. The cam should be really tiny, the size of a cath (tube used to drain the bladder). Hope all goes well.
    Dani32

Answer by Dani32 at 3:03 PM on Mar. 12, 2009