Did your older kids name the baby?

My middle son William, tried to name our baby. He gave us several different names he thought were cool, some of them were silly like Spongebob Squarepants then our last name, but some of them sounded really neat like Charles Ray. In the end we picked a different name for him ,but in the hospital when we told William what the baby's name was he said "oh I wanted to name him Carl Jr." we thought that was funny and he still calls the baby Carl Jr.
So did any of your older kids name your baby?

ednakrabapple

Asked by ednakrabapple at 7:23 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Sort of. My husband had a list of requirements for a name. I made a list of names that fit that. I was reading them to my daughter, who was eight at the time. I got to Grayden and she decided that was IT. She was so convinced she convinced me, then we convinced my DH.

desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 7:49 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• NO!!! Why would I do that.

Answer by louise2 at 7:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I might would let my son. I for sure would let him voice his opinon and I would consier it.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 7:30 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Yeah,when we told my daughter,3 at the time,we were going to have another baby,She had a doll,named cricket,she said from then,the babys name was cricket,I would say No it is going to be Shane(thought it was a boy) so then she said cricket shane,but long story short,when I had the baby,it was a girl I named her Shana Renee,but goes by,You guessed it Crickett,she is now 17,and everyone knows her by crickett,I should have just put it on the Birth certificate.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 7:35 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• my little sister was 8 when i found out i was pregnant. i thought for sure i was having a girl (i was very wrong) and she wanted to name the baby after Bratz dolls. lol. so i told her that when i have my next baby- i will consider Khloe (i really like that name lol)
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:38 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• i had a list. middle name Cheyanne but first name my son picked. it was Ciara, Moriah, Kaylee, Michaela, christiana. he picked Ciara. he turned 4 the month after tshe was born and her name is Ciara Cheyanne

my brother named me Stacy
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 7:43 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• my cousin and aunt were having their sons and my godbrother gave them their own names. Chester (lol) and Murray. their names are John harrison and Troy and we still call them chester and murray to this day
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 7:44 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Our daughter was 22 when we had our last baby. She wanted to share her middle name with her baby sister, so we let her pick the middle name. When I told her I just sent the birth certificate out with the middle name being the same as hers, she was so excited, she cried. I love that they share their middle names.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 8:18 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Sweet Moses my parents allowed my older siblings to each give me a middle name. I was birthed Latoya-Kayla (first name...and now for the middle names) Tatianna Michelle Danielle. I hated my name and so when I turned 18 I had it legally changed. However my dad is Polynesian so he wanted island names for us as well, so my older sister Tonya is Tonya-Hilani and my brother is Howard-Kani. They legally changed their hyphenated first names too.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 8:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• No,but my husband and I took polls and let them vote on names we were considering. In the end it was our choice .
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 9:15 PM on Mar. 11, 2009