Corned Beef Brisket.

My family has never had this before, I just got back from Grocery shopping, and have the carrots, onions, baby potatoes, cabbage. All that happy stuff. I know that I can cook it in a Crockpot but was wondering what you do to it, that makes it out of this world.

It's a Flat Cut one that doesn't have alot of fat on it.

Catrin2009

Asked by Catrin2009 at 7:39 PM on Mar. 11, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Honestly, nothing! Just throw the beef in..make sure and use the packet they give you with the meat. Throw in your veggies later. Cabbage usually goes in last because it cooks so fast, though sometimes in the crockpot it still takes a good little while. ( I roast mine in the oven sometimes too) That's pretty much it. Maybe pick up or make some really yummy yeast rolls and have a great dinner!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 10:38 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I agree! I put mine in first thing in the morning and let it rip all day long. I put my carrots in a few hours before it's done and my cabbage right near the end. I usually don't (although you can) put my potatoes in there because I don't particularly care for the way they come out.

The next day, I shred the meat and make ruebens (sp) - mmmmMMMMMM!
    swrockhead

Answer by swrockhead at 7:25 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I actually love the way the potatoes come out. They soak up a lot of flavor from the meat and taste really yummy. We usually grab red potatoes for this too. I forgot to mention that earlier.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 10:31 AM on Mar. 12, 2009